Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows free AFL expert footy tips, predictions and preview.
Brisbane vs Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows free AFL expert footy tips, predictions and preview- Lions to be tough to beat at the GABBA
Brisbane vs Adelaide H2H Prediction
Brisbane vs Adelaide Tips
Ben Keays has averaged 24 disposals in his past four games against the Lions.
The Lions have defeated Adelaide in their past two games at the GABBA but the Crows won five straight at the venue over the Lions prior to that.
Brisbane vs Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
- Darcy Wilmot has had 15+ disposals in his past nine matches.
- Ben Keays has averaged 24 disposals in his past four games against the Lions
- Josh Dunkley has had 25+ disposals in seven of his past nine games, he was subbed out in one of those that were below 25.
- Lachie Neale has averaged 31 disposals in his past three appearances against Adelaide
- Rory Laird has averaged 28 disposals in his past three games against the Lions.
- The former Crow, Charlie Cameron, has kicked 13 goals in his past four games for the Lions against his old side.
- Taylor Walker is averaging over four goals per game in his last eight matches.
Brisbane vs Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday August 12
⏰ Time: 4:35pm (AEST)
🏟 Stadium: GABBA
Brisbane vs Adelaide 2023 Form (last five matches)
- R17: Brisbane Lions 116-35 West Coast Eagles
- R18: Melbourne 105-104 Brisbane Lions
- R19: Brisbane Lions 64-53 Geelong
- R20: Gold Coast 96-55 Brisbane Lions
- R21: Fremantle 74-77 Brisbane Lions
- R17: Essendon 116-97 Adelaide
- R18: Adelaide 57-71 GWS Giants
- R19: Melbourne 97-93 Adelaide
- R20: Adelaide 112-65 Port Adelaide
- R21: Adelaide 89-61 Gold Coast
Adelaide Crows vs Brisbane Lions Head to Head (last five matches)
- R11 2023: Adelaide 95-78 Brisbane Lions
- R9 2022: Crows 66-102 Lions
- R16 2021: Crows 59-111 Lions
- R4 2020: Lions 83-46 Crows
- R9 2019: Lions 93-92 Crows
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Preview
Brisbane host the Adelaide Crows at the GABBA on Saturday afternoon in what is a bit of a season shaping game for the two sides.
The Lions advanced to 3rd position on the ladder with a thrilling three-point win over the Fremantle Dockers to conclude Round 21. They are just 1.1% points behind Melbourne on the ladder and will be looking to bridge that gap in order to pursue a home final.
On the same weekend, Adelaide remained in finals contention with their 28 point victory over the Gold Coast Suns and are now in 11th position on the ladder with a healthy percentage of 117. They are within striking distance of the likes of 6th placed Western Bulldogs with just one win less than that side.
But the Crows will need to become the first side to defeat the Lions at the GABBA in season 2023. The Lions have won all nine matches at their home ground this year by an average margin of 41 points.
Adelaide will need to bring with them the excellent pressure that was on display in their win over the Suns and will look for big games from Taylor Walker, Rory Laird, Jordan Dawson and the rejuvenated Matt Crouch.
The Crows can serve it up to Brisbane in the middle of the ground and while the Lions boast the likes of Joe Daniher, Jack Gunston and Charlie Cameron up forward, it is the Crows that have scored the most goals in the AFL this season. However, given Brisbane’s record at home, it is the Lions that can claim a vital four points in this one.
Crows vs Lions Stats
- Adelaide lead the competition for goals scored this season, Brisbane are 3rd.
- Brisbane have won 14 games this season, Adelaide have won 10.
- The Lions are 3rd on the ladder, the Crows are 11th.
- Brisbane have won four of their past five against Adelaide
- The Lions have defeated Adelaide in their past two games at the GABBA but the Crows won five straight at the venue over the Lions prior to that.
Lions vs Crows Best Bet