Carlton will be looking to redeem themselves after their heavy defeat against premiership contenders Port Adelaide, but Brisbane have seemed to find their groove against after a 10-goal victory over the Bombers.
Carlton vs Brisbane Tips, Preview & Predictions
Carlton Blues vs Brisbane Lions free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The home side has won the previous seven meetings.
Carlton vs Brisbane Tips
Carlton vs Brisbane Same Game Multi Tips
Carlton vs Brisbane Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday April 24
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
Carlton vs Brisbane 2021 Form
- RD 1: Richmond 105-80 Carlton
- RD 2: Carlton 85-106 Collingwood
- RD 3: Carlton 109-64 Fremantle
- RD 4: Gold Coast 59-70 Carlton
- RD 5: Carlton 68-96 Port Adelaide
- RD 1: Brisbane 94-125 Sydney
- RD 2: Geelong 81-80 Brisbane
- RD 3: Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane
- RD 4: Western Bulldogs 73-54 Brisbane
- RD 5: Brisbane 102-45 Essendon
Carlton vs Brisbane Head to Head (last five matches)
- R18 2020: Lions 78-61 Blues
- R12 2019: Blues 78-63 Lions
- R16 2018: Lions 120-55 Blues
- R18 2017: Lions 112-82 Blues
- R21 2016: Lions 99-95 Blues
Carlton vs Brisbane Preview
The Blues weren’t able to get their third win on the trot against premiership contenders Port Adelaide.
It will be a big week for Jacob Weitering and Liam Jones, as they come up against Eric Hipwood and Joe Daniher. Against the Power talls, the Blues defence had no answers as they combined for six goals.
David Teague’s side will need to find another scoring outlet other than Harry McKay – who has 16 this season. The next best Carlton goalkicker is Gibbons on six. If they are to win, they will need to kick a sizeable score against a formidable Lions outfit.
However, Teague will be pleased with the ability to limit the Power to several forward 50 entries despite not having a large sum of the ball.
Meanwhile, the Lions hit some form with a convincing 57-point triumph over the Bombers in wet conditions.
Their second win of the season came at a crucial time, moving them into 10th position, and with a tight competition so far, the percentage could be crucial.
They will be pleased with their ability to find a target inside the forward 50. The Lions took 14 marks inside 50, five above their season average in wet conditions.
The Brisbane faithful will be most joyful out of Saturday night to see their Brownlow Medal winner get back into form. Lachie Neale finished the match with 37 disposals and two goals.
The Lions have seemed to hit some form as we approach Round 6, and I believe they should claim the four points and push themselves into a top-eight spot.
Blues vs Lions Team News
The Blues will likely make a couple of changes after a lacklustre performance, with Tom Williamson, one of those making way.
The Lions will likely remain unchanged from their strong performance against the Bombers last week.
The two sides last met in Round 18 last season which saw the Lions win by 17 points.
Blues vs Lions Stats
- The home side has won the previous seven meetings
- Brisbane is the worst total disposal team in the competition
- Harry McKay is the only Blues player to have kicked over six goals this season
- The Lions are the most undisciplined team, averaging 26 free kicks against
- Sam Walsh averages 30 disposals so far this season
Blues vs Lions Best Bet