The Lions were impressive in their triumph over the third placed Power, and they host the Dockers to conclude round eight, who fell to a derby defeat last time out.
Brisbane vs Fremantle Tips, Preview & Predictions
Brisbane Lions vs Fremantle Dockers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Brisbane have win 12 of the last 14 matches at the Gabba.
Brisbane vs Fremantle Tips
Brisbane vs Fremantle Same Game Multi Tips
Brisbane vs Fremantle Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 9
⏰ Time: 4:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
Brisbane vs Fremantle 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 3: Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane
- RD 4: Western Bulldogs 73-54 Brisbane
- RD 5: Brisbane 102-45 Essendon
- RD 6: Carlton 85-103 Brisbane
- RD 7: Brisbane 93-44 Port Adelaide
- RD 3: Carlton 109-64 Fremantle
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
- RD 7: West Coast 132-73 Fremantle
Brisbane vs Fremantle Head to Head (last five matches)
- R2 2020: Lions 81-69 Dockers
- R10 2019: Dockers 73-72 Lions
- R15 2018: Dockers 64-119 Lions
- R12 2017: Lions 121-64 Dockers
- R12 2016: Lions 64-147 Dockers
Brisbane vs Fremantle Preview
The Lions continued their strong form with a commanding 49-point triumph over premiership contenders Port Adelaide at the Gabba.
Brisbane have turned their start of the season around after only winning one of their first four matches. Since then, they’ve won their previous three matches against Essendon (57 points), Carlton (18 points) and Port Adelaide (49 points)
Harris Andrews was superb last week against tall forward Charlie Dixon taking 10 marks, 11 intercepts and limiting Dixon to two behinds. He will have another big task on Matt Taberener, who is in some serious goalscoring form.
Meanwhile, the Dockers lost their 11th consecutive derby match by 59-points last time out.
Fremantle slipped out of a finals spot following their derby loss, and a win against the Lions will see them return into the top eight.
The Dockers have been one of the deadliest sides going forward this season, being ranked fourth in the competition for marks inside 50. Taberner has been instrumental for Justin Longmuir’s side, with three or more goals in his last three matches.
The change of fixture was a big hindrance for the Dockers, who typically play well on home turf, and I believe the Lions will beat them comfortably on Sunday.
Lions vs Dockers Team News
The Lions will see the return of Darcy Gardiner. It is unclear who he will go out for.
Fremantle will be forced to make at least two changes with Ethan Hughes and Heath Chapman ruled out with shoulder injuries.
The two sides last met in Round 2 last season which saw the Lions win by 12 points.
Lions vs Dockers Stats
- Brisbane have win 12 of the last 14 matches at the Gabba
- Five of Brisbane’s last six games have gone UNDER the total points line
- Andrew Brayshaw has had 30+ disposals in his last three matches
- Matt Taberner has kicked 3+ goals in his last three matches
Lions vs Dockers Best Bet