The Lions find themselves in the eight for the first time this season after their win over the Blues, they face a tough challenge against the Power, who have only lost one match this season.
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
Brisbane Lions vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The last four matches between these sides have gone OVER the total points line.
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide Tips
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 1
⏰ Time: 7:25pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: Geelong 81-80 Brisbane
- RD 3: Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane
- RD 4: Western Bulldogs 73-54 Brisbane
- RD 5: Brisbane 102-45 Essendon
- RD 6: Carlton 85-103 Brisbane
- RD 2: Port Adelaide 119-65 Essendon
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
- RD 5: Carlton 68-96 Port Adelaide
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
- R5 2020: Lions 85-48 Power
- R17 2019: Power 49-97 Lions
- R3 2019: Lions 107-90 Power
- R3 2018: Power 97-92 Lions
- R13 2017: Power 121-81 Lions
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide Preview
The Lions got a comfortable win against the Blues last time out by a margin of three goals.
Brisbane after a shaky start to the season, have won two matches on the trot for the first time this season against Essendon and Carlton. However, it has come at a price, with Brownlow medallist Lachie Neale having to have ankle surgery and will miss up to two months.
Although Neale hasn’t been at his best recently, it is still a huge blow for the premiership contenders. Neale has been the best centre clearance player for the Lions this season, but this allows Zac Bailey, Lincoln McCarthy and Hugh McCluggage to be given some more midfield minutes.
Similarly, the Power cruised past the lacklustre Saints at home to continue their strong start to the season.
Port Adelaide has been one of the strongest sides so far this season, with only one loss coming against the Eagles away from home. The Power have risen $5 to be premiership favourites and currently sit third.
Ken Hinkley has got his side holding the ball extremely well, being ranked second in the competition. However, they will want to move the ball inside 50 faster with repeat entries in an attempt to isolate Charlie Dixon, who has found it tough this season, only just reaching double figures in goals.
Although the Lions have performed well in the previous two weeks, the Power have been hard to beat this season, so I think they could get the win in this one.
Lions vs Power Team News
The Lions will have to make two changes with Lachie Neale and Darcy Gardiner suffering injuries against the Blues. Rhys Mathieson will come into the side along with a likely candidate Tom Berry.
Sam Powell-Pepper was outstanding in the SANFL and could find his way into the side.
The two sides last met in Round 5 last season which saw the Lions win by 37 points.
Lions vs Power Stats
- The last four matches between these sides have gone OVER the total points line
- Brisbane has covered the line in their previous five encounters against Port Adelaide
- The Power have the second-best goal efficiency in the competition
Lions vs Power Best Bet