The Lions host the Tigers on a blockbuster Friday night after securing their fifth win on the trot. Whilst the Tigers came from behind to defeat the Giants last time out.
Brisbane vs Richmond Tips, Preview & Predictions
Brisbane Lions vs Richmond Tigers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Richmond have won 15 of the last 16 meetings.
Brisbane vs Richmond Tips
Brisbane vs Richmond Same Game Multi Tips
Brisbane vs Richmond Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday May 21
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
Brisbane vs Richmond 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: Brisbane 102-45 Essendon
- RD 6: Carlton 85-103 Brisbane
- RD 7: Brisbane 93-44 Port Adelaide
- RD 8: Brisbane 95-71 Fremantle
- RD 9: Gold Coast 51-124 Brisbane
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
- RD 6: Melbourne 82-48 Richmond
- RD 7: Richmond 77-55 Western Bulldogs
- RD 8: Richmond 63-126 Geelong
- RD 9: Richmond 87-83 GWS
Brisbane vs Richmond Head to Head (last five matches)
- QF 2020: Lions 69-54 Tigers
- R10 2020: Tigers 82-41 Lions
- QF 2019: Lions 65-112 Tigers
- R23 2019: Tigers 82-55 Lions
- R4 2018: Tigers 110-17 Lions
Brisbane vs Richmond Preview
The Lions won their fifth consecutive match against the Suns by 73 points last time out.
After the poor 1-3 start to the season for Brisbane, they’ve won the last five matches to put their campaign back on the right track and snuck into the top four for the first time in 2021.
The Lions have managed to keep their opponents to 51 points or less in three of their last five matches, showcasing their ability to keep their opponents to a low score.
Meanwhile, the Tigers came from behind to defeat the Giants by four points to keep their spot in the eight.
Richmond trailed by as much as 28-points in the third quarter, but a late surge and a goal from Daniel Rioli dragged them over the line in an instant classic. Liam Baker was superb with 33 disposals, whilst Dustin Martin finished with four majors.
Although they broke even in the middle of the ground against the Giants, with the majority of their midfield injured, but the Lions at the Gabba is a different beast. The Lions have been dominating the midfield recently, despite the absence of Brownlow medallist Lachie Neale, and Damien Hardwick’s side will need to limit the scores from stoppages.
Although the Tigers have dominated the Lions in recent history, I believe the Lions will be too strong at the Gabba and maintain their position in the top four.
Lions vs Tigers Team News
The Lions will be forced to make two changes with injuries to Ryan Lester and Darcy Gardiner. Jarrod Berry and Cam Ellis-Yolmen are chances to return.
Richmond will make minimal changes after a good performance against the Giants. Dion Prestia is still likely to be another week away.
The two sides last met in the qualifying final last season which saw the Lions win by 15 points.
Lions vs Tigers Stats
- Richmond have won 15 of the last 16 meetings
- Jake Aarts has kicked a goal in every match this season
- Brisbane have won five matches on the trot
- Jarryd Lyons has had 25+ disposals in six of his nine games this season
Lions vs Tigers Best Bet