Brisbane will be looking to push for a spot-on top of the table when they face the Saints who are pushing to return into the top four.
Brisbane Lions vs St Kilda Saints free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Charlie Cameron has kicked a combined eight goals in his last two games against the Saints.
Brisbane vs St Kilda Tips
Brisbane vs St Kilda Match Details
?? Competition: AFL
? Date: Sunday August 23
⏰ Time: 3:35pm AEST
? Stadium: Gabba
Brisbane vs St Kilda 2020 Form
- R8: Melbourne 49-53 Brisbane
- R9: Essendon 28-91 Brisbane
- R10: Richmond 82-41 Brisbane
- R11: Brisbane 96-72 Western Bulldogs
- R12: North Melbourne 52-53 Brisbane
St Kilda (WWWLW)
- R8: Port Adelaide 44-73 St Kilda
- R9: St Kilda 101-48 Sydney
- R10: Gold Coast 74-78 St Kilda
- R11: St Kilda 34-93 Geelong
- R12: St Kilda 68-33 Essendon
Brisbane vs St Kilda Head to Head (last five matches)
St Kilda have won four of the last five matches against the Lions.
- R14 2019: St Kilda 59-115 Brisbane
- R1 2018: St Kilda 107-82 Brisbane
- R3 2017: St Kilda 107-76 Brisbane
- R23 2016: St Kilda 161-103 Brisbane
- R9 2015: Brisbane 86-108 St Kilda
Brisbane vs St Kilda Preview and Prediction
The Lions avoided an upset with a narrow one-point victory over North Melbourne.
A particular concern this season that Brisbane have had is their inaccuracy in front of goal, kicking more behinds than goals seven times this season, which almost cost them against the Kangaroos.
The Lions will have to find a way to limit the influence of the duel ruck duo, Rowan Marshall and Paddy Ryder if they stand a chance of getting the four points.
Dayne Zorko was the best for the Lions finishing the match with 23 disposals, six tackles, six intercepts and seven score involvements.
Meanwhile, the Saints cruised to a large victory over the struggling Bombers.
St Kilda was dominant against the frustrated Bombers and would consider themselves unfortunate to not win by a bigger margin.
They were particularly impressive with their delivery in the forward 50, taking 18 marks and having 18 scoring shots.
The Saints defensive structure will be tested against an x-factor Brisbane forward line who possess fast and expressive capabilities.
Zak Jones was impressive finishing the match with 26 disposals, five tackles and four clearances.
Although Brisbane was unconvincing against the Kangaroos last time out, I believe they’ll get the four points on Sunday.
Brisbane vs St Kilda Team News
The Lions will hope for the return of Cameron Rayner on Sunday, whilst, Daniel Rich will return following his suspension.
The Saints could see Jake Carlisle, Dean Kent and Matty Parker return to the side this week.
The two sides last met last season which saw Brisbane defeat the Saints by 56 points.
Lions vs Saints Stats
- Seven of the last eight H2H’s have seen at least one team kick 100 points
- Brisbane are the most inaccurate side in the competition, averaging 12.1 behinds
- Charlie Cameron has kicked a combined eight goals in his last two games against the Saints
- Brisbane have played nine games this season in their home state
- This is the best start to a season for St Kilda since 2009
Lions vs Saints Best Bet