Carlton Blues vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL footy tipping predictions and preview.
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
Carlton Blues vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL footy tipping predictions and preview- Can resurgent Blues turn off the Power at Marvel Stadium on Saturday?
Carlton vs Port Adelaide H2H Prediction
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Tips
Jeremy Finlayson is averaging three goals per game over the past five weeks.
Dan Houston is averaging 28 disposals in his past three matches.
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
- Dylan Williams has had more than 15 disposals in his past five matches.
- Dan Houston is averaging 28 disposals in his past three matches.
- Sam Walsh has averaged 28 disposals in his past four matches against Port. Walsh has had 25 or more disposals in 11 of his 12 games this season.
- Sam Docherty has had 25+ disposals in his past nine matches.
- Charlie Curnow has kicked 2+ goals in his past four games
- Jeremy Finlayson is averaging three goals per game over the past five weeks.
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday July 15
⏰ Time: 4:35pm (AEST)
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
Carlton vs Port Adelaide 2023 Form (last five matches)
- R12: Melbourne 61-44 Carlton
- R13: Carlton 52-86 Essendon
- R14: Carlton 120-61 Gold Coast
- R15: Bye
- R16: Hawthorn 52-116 Carlton
- R17: Fremantle 45-98 Carlton
- R12: Port Adelaide 151-95 Hawthorn
- R13: Western Bulldogs 85-107 Port Adelaide
- R14: Port Adelaide 110-72 Geelong
- R15: Bye
- R16: Essendon 74-78 Port Adelaide
- R17: Port Adelaide 106-73 Gold Coast
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
- R5 2022: Blues 94-91 Power
- R22 2021: Power 140-45 Blues
- R5 2021: Blues 68-96 Power
- R7 2020: Blues 61-64 Power
- R2 2019: Power 88-72 Blues
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Preview
This shapes as an interesting encounter and Carlton will be out to keep their finals hopes alive with an upset win over the 2nd placed Port Adelaide. The Blues have bounced back big time in recent weeks, winning their past three games by an average margin of just over 57 points.
Those wins followed a six-game losing streak and a series of underwhelming displays that saw them kick fewer than 60 points in the last five of those losses. But the switch has been flicked in recent weeks, averaging 110 points per game.
In Round 17, Charlie Cameron and Harry McKay combined for six goals, while Sam Walsh, Patrick Cripps, Sam Docherty and Adam Cerra all had 27 or more disposals. The latter quartet can push a Port Adelaide midfield that are regarded as one of the best in the competition.
The Power found themselves behind at halftime of their Round 17 clash against the Gold Coast Suns before turning it on in the third quarter by kicking nine goals. Their brilliance was on full display and it was Connor Rozee that is likely to pick up the three votes for his 28 disposal and two-goal game.
Allir Allir was unstoppable down back and will get the job on either Curnow or McKay. The Power will have to do it without fellow key defender, Trent McKenzie, who went down with injury in the win.
Carlton are right in this contest on the back of their recent wins but it is hard to tip against the Power, who have now won 13 in a row. They have been able to do it at home and on the road and have won both of their games at Marvel Stadium this season with those coming against top eight sides in St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs, taking their streak at the venue to nine, a sequence that stretches back to the beginning of 2021.
Blues vs Power Stats
- Carlton have won seven and drawn one of their 16 and sit in 11th spot on the ladder with 30 points.
- Port Adelaide have won 14 of their 16 and are 2nd.
- The Blues rank 10th for goals scored in 2023, Port are 4th
- Carlton are 3rd in the competition for total disposals, the Power are 18th
- Port Adelaide have won six of the past seven between the two sides but Carlton were victorious the last time they met.
- Port have won their past nine games at Marvel Stadium
Blues vs Power Best Bet