Sydney will be looking to stay in touching distance of the top four on Sunday afternoon, whilst the Blues hope to get one step closer to the top eight.
Sydney vs Carlton Tips, Preview & Predictions
Sydney Swans vs Carlton Blues free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Sydney have won 13 of the last 15 matches against Carlton at the SCG.
Sydney vs Carlton Tips
Sydney vs Carlton Same Game Multi Tips
Sydney vs Carlton Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 30
⏰ Time: 3:20pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: SCG
Sydney vs Carlton 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
- RD 7: Sydney 90-88 Geelong
- RD 8: Melbourne 67-58 Sydney
- RD 9: Sydney 72-42 Collingwood
- RD 10: Fremantle 86-84 Sydney
- RD 6: Carlton 85-103 Brisbane
- RD 7: Essendon 107-123 Carlton
- RD 8: Western Bulldogs 107-91 Carlton
- RD 9: Melbourne 94-68 Carlton
- RD 10: Carlton 86-63 Hawthorn
Sydney vs Carlton Head to Head (last five matches)
- R16 2020: Blues 57-52 Swans
- R17 2019: Swans 62-69 Blues
- R3 2019: Blues 74-93 Swans
- R11 2018: Swans 91-61 Blues
- R23 2017: Swans 138-57 Blues
Sydney vs Carlton Preview
The Swans fell to a heartbreaking two-point loss against the Dockers last time out.
Sydney struggled to create anything meaningful with possession against Fremantle, so you can expect John Longmire’s side to move the ball quickly with intent.
The Swans have only lost one game at the SCG all season, with wins against Adelaide (33 points), Essendon (three points), Geelong (two points) and Collingwood (30 points). They also hold a handy 13 wins in their last 15 against Carlton at the SCG.
Meanwhile, the Blues were shaky throughout their 23-point victory over the Hawks.
Despite claiming the four points against Hawthorn, they weren’t convincing, with their lack of efficiency going forward allowing their opponents to get back into the game on multiple occasions.
An intriguing forward contest between the two tall talismans up forward could be influential in their team receiving the four points. Harry McKay for the Blues has kicked 35 goals from 10 games this season, and Franklin has kicked 19 in six, including six against the Dockers last week.
Although the Swans lost their last match, I believe the home advantage will prove pivotal in them claiming the four points on Sunday afternoon.
Swans vs Blues Team News
The Swans have made four exclusions, with Nick Blakey, Robbie Fox, Ryan Clarke and Tom Hickey all missing. Lewis Taylor and Callum Sinclair will be o the four to come into the side.
Lachie Plowman will miss with a controversial suspension. Jack Martin and Jack Newnes are the likely choices of replacement.
The two sides last met in Round 16 last season which saw the Blues win by five points.
Swans vs Blues Stats
- Sydney have won 13 of the last 15 matches against Carlton at the SCG
- Sam Walsh has had 30+ disposals in four of his last five matches
- Harry McKay has kicked 3+ goals in four of Carlton’s last five matches
- Jake Lloyd has had 25+ disposals in his last nine matches
Swans vs Blues Best Bet