The Western Bulldogs suffered their first loss of the season against the reigning premiers and will look to get back to winning ways against the Blues who are fresh off their triumph over traditional rivals Essendon.
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Tips, Preview & Predictions
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Blues free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Western Bulldogs have won five of their last six games against Carlton at Marvel by a margin of 1-39 points.
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Tips
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Same Game Multi Tips
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 9
⏰ Time: 3:20pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 3: North Melbourne 39-167 Western Bulldogs
- RD 4: Western Bulldogs 73-54 Brisbane
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 6: GWS 65-104 Western Bulldogs
- RD 7: Richmond 77-55 Western Bulldogs
- RD 3: Carlton 109-64 Fremantle
- RD 4: Gold Coast 59-70 Carlton
- RD 5: Carlton 68-96 Port Adelaide
- RD 6: Carlton 85-103 Brisbane
- RD 7: Essendon 107-123 Carlton
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Head to Head (last five matches)
- R6 2020: Blues 103-51 Dogs
- R13 2019: Blues 100-103 Dogs
- R5 2019: Dogs 57-101 Blues
- R22 2018: Blues 49-66 Dogs
- R6 2018: Dogs 80-59 Blues
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Preview
The Dogs suffered the first loss of their campaign in an entertaining match against the reigning premiers.
The Western Bulldogs led by as much as four goals in the closing stages of the second term, but a two-goal second half saw them fall to a 22-point defeat. Luke Beveridge would be rueing ‘what could have been’, after missed opportunities in the first and last term decided the fate of the match.
The Dogs have been the best clearance team in the competition this season, averaging 40 a match. If they can limit the influence of Sam Walsh, they will surely win the match.
Meanwhile, the Blues returned to winning ways with a 16-point triumph over traditional rivals Essendon.
In what was the highest-scoring game of the year so far, the Blues kicked 123 points, a promising sign for David Teague for a team that has struggled to break the 100-point barrier in recent years.
Harry McKay has been the best focal point in the forward half that the blues have had for some time, already kicking 26 goals from his opening seven matches. Bulldogs’ defender Alex Keath will have a tough job on him.
A win for the Blues in this one could make a big statement regarding their objective of playing finals footy for the first time since 2013.
Although the Dogs lost last week, I think they’ll bounce back in a high scoring affair to keep the pressure on the Demons at the top of the ladder.
Dogs vs Blues Team News
Tim English and Laitham Vandermeer could return to the side after overcoming injuries.
Carlton could make a couple changes with Marc Murphy and Zac Williams coming back from injury. Mitch McGovern will miss with a hamstring injury.
The two sides last met in Round 6 last season which saw the Blues win by 52 points.
Dogs vs Blues Stats
- The Dogs have won their last five games at Marvel
- Jack Macrae has had 30+ disposals in his last 19 matches (exc. 2020)
- Harry McKay has kicked 26 goals this season
- Western Bulldogs have won five of their last six games against Carlton at Marvel by a margin of 1-39 points
Dogs vs Blues Best Bet