Collingwood will look to put their season in the right direction this week after starting the season 1-5. They face the Suns, who have been their favourite opponent in recent years, winning the last seven meetings.
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Tips, Preview & Predictions
Collingwood Magpies vs Gold Coast Suns free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Collingwood has won the last seven meetings.
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Tips
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Same Game Multi Tips
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 1
⏰ Time: 1:45pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Collingwood vs Gold Coast 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: Carlton 85-106 Collingwood
- RD 3: Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane
- RD 4: Collingwood 60-90 GWS
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
- RD 6: Collingwood 85-109 Essendon
- RD 2: Gold Coast 98-39 North Melbourne
- RD 3: Adelaide 95-85 Gold Coast
- RD 4: Gold Coast 59-70 Carlton
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
- R17 2020: Magpies 68-46 Suns
- R20 2019: Magpies 120-51 Suns
- R15 2018: Suns 60-99 Magpies
- R17 2017: Suns 88-103 Magpies
- R22 2016: Magpies 118-47 Suns
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Preview
The Magpies fell short by 24-points against traditional rivals Essendon on ANZAC Day.
Collingwood’s loss to the Bomber’s last week meant it was their fourth loss on the trot. With losses coming against Brisbane (one point), GWS (30 points), West Coast (27 points) and Essendon (24 points), three of which are outside the eight, with Brisbane the only exception in eighth spot.
Nathan Buckley’s side has struggled to create anything meaningful going forward, with their smalls not providing many goals this season. You can expect them to be more creative going forward because they are the worst team in the competition for marks inside 50 so far this season.
Meanwhile, the Suns upset the Swans on home turf in a convincing 40-point triumph.
Gold Coast got their second win of the season in an energetic and youthful performance. Young guns Ben King, Noah Anderson, Ben Ainsworth and Izak Rankine starred in the triumph.
The Magpies struggled with the forward half pressure from the Bombers last week, and the Suns had no trouble doing that against the Swans with 21 tackles inside forward 50.
Although Collingwood has started the season extremely poor, I believe they will bounce back on home turf and get the much-needed four points that they crave.
Magpies vs Suns Team News
The Magpies will welcome the return of Levi Greenwood and Jordan De Goey from concussion into the side for Saturday’s clash.
The Suns will make minimal changes after a strong performance against the Swans last week.
The two sides last met in Round 17 last season which saw the Magpies win by 22 points.
Magpies vs Suns Stats
- Collingwood has won the last seven meetings
- The Magpies are the worst team in the competition for marks inside 50
- The Suns laid 21 tackles inside forward 50 against the Swans last week
- The Magpies are the second slowest team to move the ball from a mark in the competition
Magpies vs Suns Best Bet