The Magpies face one of their toughest challenges yet, against the Power who will be keen to get back in the winner’s circle after their loss to the Bulldogs last time out.
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
Collingwood Magpies vs Port Adelaide free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Port Adelaide have won their past 12 day matches.
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Tips
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 23
⏰ Time: 3:20pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
- RD 6: Collingwood 85-109 Essendon
- RD 7: Collingwood 55-79 Gold Coast
- RD 8: North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood
- RD 9: Sydney 72-42 Collingwood
- RD 5: Carlton 68-96 Port Adelaide
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
- RD 7: Brisbane 93-44 Port Adelaide
- RD 8: Port Adelaide 87-38 Adelaide
- RD 9: Port Adelaide 77-96 Western Bulldogs
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
- R18 2020: Magpies 45-61 Power
- R7 2019: Magpies 108-69 Power
- R22 2018: Magpies 115-64 Power
- R21 2017: Power 98-71 Magpies
- R14 2017: Magpies 62-93 Power
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Preview
The Magpies fell to their seventh defeat of the season in a lacklustre performance against the Swans last time out.
Nathan Buckley’s side has had their growing list of off-field trouble this season and will be hoping to put that behind them when they face port Adelaide on Sunday afternoon. Jordan De Goey has hit some form with eight goals in his last two matches.
Collingwood only managed to kick one goal after quarter-time, courtesy of Will Hoskin-Elliot, despite their strong start to the game.
Against a Power side that has a tall defence, who have intercepted well this season, the Pies will need to be creative
Meanwhile, the Power lost their second loss on three matches after losing to the Bulldogs at home by 19 points.
Port Adelaide failed to get out of the gates against the Bulldogs last week, which set the tone for the rest of the match. However, Ollie Wines and Travis Boak continued their strong seasons having 62 disposals between them.
These two clubs have put fuel to fire recently with the recent prison bar guernsey scandal. With Eddie McGuire and David Koch trading blows – will the Power celebrate in the prison bar guernsey if they win?
Collingwood has underperformed so far this season, and I don’t see them winning this match against one of the premiership contenders.
Magpies vs Power Team News
The Magpies have omitted Oliver Henry, but see Jordan Roughead and Taylor Adams return to the side.
The Power will mis Orazio Fantasia and Tom Clurey through injury, with Martin Frederick being omitted. They have already confirmed that Dan Houston and Trent McKenzie will start.
The two sides last met in Round 18 last season which saw the Power win by 16 points.
Magpies vs Power Stats
- Port Adelaide have won their past 12 day matches
- Nine of Collingwood’s last 12 matches at the G’ have gone UNDER the total points line
- Ollie Wines has had 32+ disposals in four of his last five matches
- Brody Mihocek has kicked 2+ goals in six of his last seven matches as underdog
Magpies vs Power Best Bet