Collingwood and St Kilda battle it out on Saturday afternoon as they both search for their second win of the season.
Collingwood Magpies vs St Kilda Saints free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Saints have lost their past six away games.
Collingwood vs St Kilda Tips
Collingwood vs St Kilda Match Details
?? Competition: AFL
? Date: Saturday June 20
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEST
? Stadium: MCG
Collingwood vs St Kilda 2020 Form
- R1: Western Bulldogs 34-86 Collingwood
- R2: Collingwood 36-36 Richmond
St Kilda (LW)
- R1: North Melbourne 56-54 St Kilda
- R2: St Kilda 88-49 Western Bulldogs
Collingwood vs St Kilda Head to Head (last five matches)
Collingwood have won eight of the last 10 matches against St Kilda.
- R9 2019: Collingwood 112-71 St Kilda
- R9 2018: St Kilda 72-100 Collingwood
- R4 2017: Collingwood 55-69 St Kilda
- R3 2016: St Kilda 119-90 Collingwood
- R3 2015: Collingwood 140-66 St Kilda
Collingwood vs St Kilda Preview and Prediction
Collingwood came under the fire recently for its slow, possession style game plan during the first two rounds, rather than being the attacking side that got them to a Grand Final.
Collingwood will look to improve upon their disappointing performance in Round 2 against the Tigers which resulted in a draw, the Magpies only kicked one goal in the last three quarters of that match.
Taylor Adams impressed for his second week in a row finishing with eight clearances, 21 disposals and a goal.
St Kilda on the other hand had an impressive win against the Dogs. The Saints crushed the dogs in the middle of the ground with 49 hit-outs to the Dogs 12 and five more centre clearances.
Promising signs for new coach Brett Ratten and his side after many predicted they’d finish in the bottom four.
Small forward Jack Billings was the best for the Saints as he finished with 24 disposals and three goals.
Collingwood should be finishing in the top four this season and although St Kilda had a promising win over the lacklustre Bulldogs, I think Nathan Buckley’s side will be too strong on Saturday.
Collingwood vs St Kilda Team News
Collingwood have named two changes to face the Saints on Saturday with young forward star Jaidyn Stephenson and Rupert Willis named with Jack Madgen and Josh Thomas being omitted from the squad.
Collingwood defender Brayden Maynard will play his 100th game on the weekend.
The Saints name one change from last week’s side who beat the Bulldogs with Jonathon Marsh coming in for Jarryn Geary who misses with a hamstring injury.
These sides last met in Round 9 last season which saw the Magpies crush the Saints by 41 points.
Magpies vs Saints Stats
- Collingwood’s draw against Richmond was their lowest score since Round 12, 1994
- St Kilda have lost their past six away matches
- Cameron Zurhaar has had 26 score contributions this season
- Since 2018, Jake Lloyd has averaged 31 disposals at Marvel Stadium
- Dane Rampe has made 15 spoils this season
Magpies vs Saints Best Bet