The Swans weren’t quite able to get the job done against the undefeated Demons last time out but host the struggling Magpies who got their second win of the season against the winless Kangaroos.
Sydney vs Collingwood Tips, Preview & Predictions
Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Magpies free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The last four meetings have been decided by nine points or less.
Sydney vs Collingwood Tips
Sydney vs Collingwood Same Game Multi Tips
Sydney vs Collingwood Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 15
⏰ Time: 1:45pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: SCG
Sydney vs Collingwood 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 4: Sydney 83-80 Essendon
- RD 5: Sydney 69-71 GWS
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
- RD 7: Sydney 90-88 Geelong
- RD 8: Melbourne 67-58 Sydney
- RD 4: Collingwood 60-90 GWS
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
- RD 6: Collingwood 85-109 Essendon
- RD 7: Collingwood 55-79 Gold Coast
- RD 8: North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood
Sydney vs Collingwood Head to Head (last five matches)
- R10 2020: Magpies 50-41 Swans
- R10 2019: Swans 73-80 Magpies
- R20 2018: Swans 73-71 Magpies
- R3 2017: Swans 79-80 Magpies
- R1 2016: Swans 133-53 Magpies
Sydney vs Collingwood Preview
The Swans were close to being the Demons first loss of the season but narrowly fell to a nine-point defeat.
After a surprise victory against the Cats, Sydney couldn’t pull off another upset but can hold their heads up high, dominating the centre clearances against an elite Melbourne midfield, 4-17.
The Swans use the crowd as a talisman for momentum and will need to maintain their forward half pressure in this match against a Collingwood side with more confidence. The Swans are currently the third-best team for tackles inside 50 this season.
Meanwhile, the Magpies got their second win of the season, prevailing by 18 points against the winless Kangaroos.
The victory against North Melbourne was their first win since their triumph over the Blues in Round 2. It broke a five-match losing streak with notable losses coming against GWS (30 points), Essendon (24 points) and Gold Coast (24 points), all on home turf.
The move to put Darcy Moore back paid dividends for Nathan Buckley, as he collected 28 disposals, 19 marks and 11 intercepts. Pies fans would’ve liked to see Jordan De Goey hit form, kicking six majors last time out.
The Swans have been a side that has shocked people so far this season, and I believe they will be too strong for Collingwood and claim the four points to see them remain in a top-eight spot after the round.
Swans vs Magpies Team News
The Swans will make minimal changes, but George Hewett could return from his concussion.
Collingwood may need to make two changes due to head injuries to Nathan Murphy and Jordan Roughead. Levi Greenwood can return from concussion, but Jeremy Howe is still 1-2 weeks away.
The two sides last met in Round 10 last season which saw the Pies win by nine points.
Swans vs Magpies Stats
- The last four meetings have been decided by nine points or less
- Sydney is ranked 3rd for tackles inside 50
- Jordan De Goey kicked six goals last week
- Collingwood are ranked 18th for marks inside 50
Swans vs Magpies Best Bet