The Bombers host the Dockers on Sunday at Marvel Stadium, after their narrow loss to the Giants. Whilst the Dockers suffered a tough defeat against the Lions.
Essendon vs Fremantle Tips, Preview & Predictions
Essendon Bombers vs Fremantle Dockers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Essendon have won the previous four meetings at Marvel Stadium.
Essendon vs Fremantle Tips
Essendon vs Fremantle Same Game Multi Tips
Essendon vs Fremantle Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 16
⏰ Time: 1:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
Essendon vs Fremantle 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 4: Sydney 83-80 Essendon
- RD 5: Brisbane 102-45 Essendon
- RD 6: Collingwood 85-109 Essendon
- RD 7: Essendon 107-123 Carlton
- RD 8: GWS 107-105 Essendon
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
- RD 7: West Coast 132-73 Fremantle
- RD 8: Brisbane 95-71 Fremantle
Essendon vs Fremantle Head to Head (last five matches)
- R1 2020: Bombers 63-57 Dockers
- R22 2019: Dockers 55-87 Bombers
- R9 2019: Bombers 60-53 Dockers
- R18 2018: Bombers 99-70 Dockers
- R2 2018: Dockers 106-90 Bombers
Essendon vs Fremantle Preview
The Bombers fell to a heartbreaking two-point defeat at the hands of the Giants last time out.
Essendon was resilient in defeat, trailing by as much as five goals on more than two occasions in the match, to claw their way back into a chance of winning. A last-minute Cale Hooker mark could’ve put them in front for the first time since the opening minutes of the match, but the umpire deemed it not to be.
Ben Rutten’s men can perhaps find themselves unlucky to be in the position that they’re currently in (15th). The Bombers have been the second-highest scoring side in the competition this season, as well as the best tackling side.
Meanwhile, the Dockers suffered their second loss on the trot, in a 24-point defeat against the Lions.
Without the solidarity of Luke Ryan in defence, Fremantle struggled to contain the attacking prowess of the lions, who took 22 marks inside 50 and were 69.4% efficient going forward. Against a Bombers side that has kicked over 100 points in their previous three matches, it will need to tighten up.
After starting the season 4-2, the back-to-back defeats to premiership contenders West Coast (59 points) and Brisbane (24 points) have dropped them to 10th. If they are to make an optimistic final finish this season, they must win matches like these.
Although the Dockers on the ladder have been in better form than the Dons, I believe the young Bombers outfit will have what it takes at Marvel Stadium.
Bombers vs Dockers Team News
The Bombers will be forced to make one change with Jake Stringer suffering a hamstring injury. Matt Guelfi replaced him on Saturday, and his performance will secure him a spot in the side.
Michael Frederick will miss Sunday’s clash, with Joel Western a likely inclusion. Luke Ryan could also return against the Bombers.
The two sides last met in Round 10 last season which saw the Power win by 13 points.
Bombers vs Dockers Stats
- Essendon have won the previous four meetings at Marvel Stadium
- Essendon is the second-highest scoring team in the competition
- Five of the Bombers last six matches at Marvel have gone OVER the total points line
- Matthew Taberner has kicked 2+ goals in his last nine appearances
- Michael Walters has kicked at least one goal in his last 11 matches at Marvel
Bombers vs Dockers Best Bet