Essendon were on the good side of a tight result, defeating the Dockers by seven points. They battle it out against the Kangaroos at Marvel Stadium on Sunday evening.
Essendon vs North Melbourne Tips, Preview & Predictions
Essendon Bombers vs North Melbourne Kangaroos free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Essendon have won the previous five meetings.
Essendon vs North Melbourne Tips
Essendon vs North Melbourne Same Game Multi Tips
Essendon vs North Melbourne Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 22
⏰ Time: 4:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
Essendon vs North Melbourne 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: Brisbane 102-45 Essendon
- RD 6: Collingwood 85-109 Essendon
- RD 7: Essendon 107-123 Carlton
- RD 8: GWS 107-105 Essendon
- RD 9: Essendon 68-61 Fremantle
- RD 5: Geelong 77-47 North Melbourne
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
- RD 7: North Melbourne 73-103 Melbourne
- RD 8: North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood
- RD 9: Hawthorn 80-87 North Melbourne
Essendon vs North Melbourne Head to Head (last five matches)
- R6 2020: Bombers 67-53 Roos
- R17 2019: Bombers 86-81 Roos
- R5 2019: Roos 58-116 Bombers
- R15 2018: Bombers 125-108 Roos
- R18 2017: Bombers 132-105 Roos
Essendon vs North Melbourne Preview
The Bombers were able to win a close game against the Dockers, after narrowly losing on three occasions this season.
The young Essendon outfit has shown promising signs so far in 2021, being the best tackling team in the competition and kicking plenty of high scores. Despite Zach Merrett being tagged heavily against the Dockers, Darcy Parish was able to run things out of the middle of the ground and is having his best season so far in the red & black.
Ben Rutten has chosen to go with more size against the Kangaroos, who have a relatively small line-up. So, you can expect the Bombers to get the ball in quick, so the tall forwards can be isolated and be most dangerous.
Meanwhile, the Kangaroos won their first match of the season by seven points against the Hawks.
Winless North Melbourne came from 32 points down to claim their first four points of the season down in Tasmania. They return home with a match against the Bombers, who have won the previous five meetings.
The Kangaroos were impressive in the way they were able to transfer the ball from defence into attack, but their ability to dominate the middle was exceptional, winning 50 clearances against Hawthorn. Jy Simpkin was the pick of the midfielders, having a career-high 38 disposals and 14 clearances.
If North Melbourne are going to come away with the four points, they will need to win the midfield battle.
Although the Kangaroos won their first match of the season, I can’t see them getting on top in this one.
Bombers vs Kangaroos Team News
The Bombers have dropped Brayden Ham and Devon Smith misses with an injury. Nik Cox and Alec Waterman come into the side.
North Melbourne is unchanged after securing their first win of the season.
The two sides last met in Round 6 last season which saw the Bombers win by 14 points.
Bombers vs Kangaroos Stats
- Essendon have won the previous five meetings
- Essendon are ranked third in the competition for goals this season
- Five of Essendon’s last seven matches at Marvel have gone OVER the total points line
- Jack Mahoney has kicked at least one goal in his last three matches
Bombers vs Kangaroos Best Bet