The Dockers host the Swans on Saturday night at Optus Stadium as the Dockers look to stay in the hunt for the eight, whilst the Swans look to maintain their breathing room in the eight.
Fremantle vs Sydney Tips, Preview & Predictions
Fremantle Dockers vs Sydney Swans free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The home side has won nine of the last 10 meetings.
Fremantle vs Sydney Tips
Fremantle vs Sydney Same Game Multi Tips
Fremantle vs Sydney Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 22
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
Fremantle vs Sydney 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
- RD 7: West Coast 132-73 Fremantle
- RD 8: Brisbane 95-71 Fremantle
- RD 9: Essendon 68-61 Fremantle
- RD 5: Sydney 69-71 GWS
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
- RD 7: Sydney 90-88 Geelong
- RD 8: Melbourne 67-58 Sydney
- RD 9: Sydney 72-42 Collingwood
Fremantle vs Sydney Head to Head (last five matches)
- R13 2020: Dockers 50-19 Swans
- R18 2019: Dockers 52-51 Swans
- R9 2018: Swans 111-52 Dockers
- R21 2017: Swans 143-39 Dockers
- R19 2016: Dockers 47-137 Swans
Fremantle vs Sydney Preview
The Dockers couldn’t come away with the four points in a seven-point defeat against the Bombers.
Fremantle was on the wrong side of an arm wrestle at Marvel Stadium, with some simple skill errors leaving them to succumb to the Bombers pressure, particularly in the last quarter. However, they have a strong home record against the Swans, winning five of the past six.
Justin Longmuir’s side has come under fire for the off the ball treatment of Essendon midfielder Zach Merrett throughout the week. If they are to employ that tactic again, he will likely go to Luke parker.
Meanwhile, the Swans got their sixth win of the season in a 30-point triumph over the struggling Magpies.
Sydney has surprised a lot of people so far this season, currently sitting in the top six just before the halfway point of the season. They cruised past the Magpies, despite having a poor day in the midfield.
In the hostile environment of Optus Stadium, it will be crucial for the Swans to lock down the tall forward Matt Taberner, who is the obvious goalscoring threat, with four goals in his last match and 26 for the season.
Although the Swans have been the better side this season, I believe the Dockers could be too strong at Optus Stadium, BUT I expect it to be a tight contest.
Dockers vs Swans Team News
The Dockers will make one change with Luke Ryan set to return from his calf injury.
There are no obvious inclusions or omissions for the Swans so you could see them unchanged for Saturday night.
The two sides last met in Round 13 last season which saw the Dockers win by 31 points.
Dockers vs Swans Stats
- The home side has won nine of the last 10 meetings
- Fremantle have lost their last three matches
- Sydney has covered the line in five of their last six matches against the Dockers
- Sydney has won three of their last four night matches by a margin of 1-39 points
Dockers vs Swans Best Bet