West Coast and Fremantle meet again in the battle of the West to conclude Round seven on Sunday afternoon at Optus Stadium, with the Eagles winning the last 10 meetings.
West Coast vs Fremantle Tips, Preview & Predictions
West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – West Coast have won the previous 10 meetings.
West Coast vs Fremantle Tips
West Coast vs Fremantle Same Game Multi Tips
West Coast vs Fremantle Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 2
⏰ Time: 4:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
West Coast vs Fremantle 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: Western Bulldogs 100-93 West Coast
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 2: Fremantle 87-56 GWS
- RD 3: Carlton 109-64 Fremantle
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
West Coast vs Fremantle Head to Head (last five matches)
- R7 2020: Dockers 32-62 Eagles
- R16 2019: Dockers 31-122 Eagles
- R4 2019: Eagles 69-56 Dockers
- R20 2018: Eagles 142-84 Dockers
- R6 2018: Dockers 81-89 Eagles
West Coast vs Fremantle Preview
The Eagles fell to a humiliating 97-point defeat at the hands of fellow premiership contenders Geelong.
The Eagles midfield was outclassed against the Cats, with Adam Simpson’s side having 136 fewer possessions, allowing the Cat’s to control the tempo of the match. They will look to maintain the ball straight from the first bounce.
It’s typically a fiery affair when these two sides meet, and you can expect it to be the same on Sunday evening as both sides look to stay in the top eight by the end of the week.
Meanwhile, the Dockers pushed themselves into the top six with a commanding 51-point victory over the winless Kangaroos.
Fremantle has been superb in creating chances in the forward half this season, they are ranked third in the competition for marks inside 50. A particular positive has been the shared contribution of goals, without relying on Matt Taberner, who has kicked 17 goals this season.
The Dockers have had trouble containing the tall Eagles forwards in the past, with Kennedy kicking at least three goals in his last six matches against them. Forward’s Jack Darling and Oscar Allen have kicked 32 goals between them so far this season.
Although Fremantle heads into this match the more in-form team, I believe the Eagles will be too strong and win their 11th straight derby.
Eagles vs Dockers Team News
West Coast will have Josh Kennedy and Shannon Hurn available for the derby, but they will be without Jeremy McGovern who got injured against the Cats.
The Dockers may be forced to make one change with Brennan Cox suffering an ankle injury, Taylin Duman is a likely replacement.
The two sides last met in Round 7 last season which saw the Eagles win by 30 points.
Eagles vs Dockers Stats
- West Coast have won the previous 10 meetings
- West Coast’s last five matches have gone OVER the total points line
- Josh Kennedy has kicked at least three goals in his last six matches against Fremantle
- David Mundy has had 25+ disposals in his last three matches
Eagles vs Dockers Best Bet