This traditional Easter Monday clash sees rivals Geelong and Hawthorn battle it out for their second win of the season and a spot in the eight.
Geelong vs Hawthorn Tips, Preview & Predictions
Geelong Cats vs Hawthorn Hawks free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Joel Selwood has had 25+ disposals in six of his last eight games against the Hawks.
Geelong vs Hawthorn Tips
Geelong vs Hawthorn Same Game Multi Tips
Geelong vs Hawthorn Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Monday April 5
⏰ Time: 3:20pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Geelong vs Hawthorn 2020 Form
- RD 1: Adelaide 103-91 Geelong
- RD 2: Geelong 81-80 Brisbane
- RD 1: Essendon 91-92 Hawthorn
- RD 2: Hawthorn 49-78 Richmond
Geelong vs Hawthorn Head to Head (last five matches)
- R2 2020: Cats 108-47 Hawks
- R18 2019: Cats 61-85 Hawks
- R5 2019: Hawks 90-113 Cats
- R21 2018: Hawks 71-60 Cats
- R2 2018: Cats 117-118 Hawks
Geelong vs Hawthorn Preview
The Cats came away with a heart-stopping one-point triumph against the Lions.
Geelong was able to get their first win of the season, but it wasn’t convincing. Despite having 129 more disposals than Brisbane, they lost the inside 50 count and almost lost the match in the dying seconds.
Mark O’Connor perhaps had the greatest influence on the match, keeping Brisbane talisman Lachie Neale to 16 disposals and three in the first half – he will possibly have the job on Tom Mitchell on Monday.
Meanwhile, the Hawks couldn’t make It the perfect start to the season, falling to the reigning premiers by 29 points.
It will be a big test for the young stars of Hawthorn, who have started the season quite well. Changkouth Jiath looks like a serious talent, and 18-year-old Tyler Brockman has kicked four goals this season.
Alastair Clarkson will be hoping his side stay more composed moving the ball into the forward half, after only being 33.3% efficient against the Tigers in round 2.
It’s typically an exciting match when these two teams meet, and I believe the Cats should get the job done.
Cats vs Hawks Team News
Gary Rohan will need to come out after his suspension last week. However, they will most likely be boosted by the return of Mitch Duncan and Sam Menegola.
The Hawks could make a couple of changes with Will Day having to come out of the side and Chad Wingard available for selection.
The two sides last met in Round 2 last season which saw the Cats win by 61 points.
Cats vs Hawks Stats
- Geelong has failed to cover the line so far this season
- Joel Selwood has had 25+ disposals in six of his last eight games against the Hawks
- Tom Hawkins has kicked 2+ goals in 11 of Geelong’s last 12 matches a favourite
- Zach Tuohy has kicked at least one goal in five of his last six matches
Cats vs Hawks Best Bet