The Magpies host the Cats on Saturday afternoon after their narrow one-point loss to the Power. Meanwhile, the Cats have continued their good run with a cruisy victory against the Suns.
Collingwood vs Geelong Tips, Preview & Predictions
Collingwood Magpies vs Geelong Cats free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Geelong has won nine of its last 10 matches in Victoria.
Collingwood vs Geelong Tips
Collingwood vs Geelong Same Game Multi Tips
Collingwood vs Geelong Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 29
⏰ Time: 1:45pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Collingwood vs Geelong 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 6: Collingwood 85-109 Essendon
- RD 7: Collingwood 55-79 Gold Coast
- RD 8: North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood
- RD 9: Sydney 72-42 Collingwood
- RD 10: Collingwood 58-59 Port Adelaide
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 7: Sydney 90-88 Geelong
- RD 8: Richmond 63-126 Geelong
- RD 9: St Kilda 47-68 Geelong
- RD 10: Geelong 91-57 Gold Coast
Collingwood vs Geelong Head to Head (last five matches)
- SF 2020: Cats 100-32 Magpies
- R7 2020: Cats 35-57 Magpies
- QF 2019: Cats 51-61 Magpies
- R1 2019: Magpies 65-72 Cats
- R8 2018: Magpies 45-66 Cats
Collingwood vs Geelong Preview
The Magpies fell to a heartbreaking one-point loss against rivals Port Adelaide, all but ruining their finals chances.
Collingwood led for the majority of the match, but a fourth quarter lapse saw them cough up a three-goal lead at three quarter time, despite only conceding four goals at the three quarter-time mark.
The move to put Darcy Moore back a few weeks ago has paid dividends, with the All-Australian backman making the Pies look more solid down back. However, they do have some forward woes, kicking under 60 points in their last three losses.
Brody Mihocek has been kept goalless in his previous two matches, whilst Jordan De Goey was also kept scoreless against Port Adelaide.
Meanwhile, the Cats cruised their way to 34-point triumph last time out.
Geelong’s victory over the Suns was their fifth win in their previous six matches, making them one of the most in-form teams in the competition, pushing them up to third on the ladder.
The Cats copped some injury trouble despite their handy four points against Gold Coast, with underrated midfielder Mitch Duncan suffering a concussion which will see him miss this tie. His partner in crime, Cam Guthrie also got injured but will likely still be named.
Chris Scott’s side hold the mental edge on Saturday afternoon, as they look to repeat their semi-final thumping over the Magpies last season. Geelong won that tie by 68 points at the Gabba.
Collingwood have struggled so far this season, and I can’t see them getting a win in this one against an in-form Cats side.
Magpies vs Cats Team News
The Magpies will be forced to make two changes with Beau McCreery and Tyler Brown suffering injuries. Mark Keane and Nathan Murphy are likely inclusions.
Mitch Duncan will miss due to a concussion; Charlie Constable is a strong chance after 34 disposals in the VFL.
The two sides last met in the semi-final last season which saw the Cats win by 68 points.
Magpies vs Cats Stats
- Geelong has won nine of its last 10 matches in Victoria
- The underdog has covered the line in seven of the last eight matches between Collingwood and Geelong at the MCG
- Geelong has won three of the last five matches
Magpies vs Cats Best Bet