Geelong Cats vs Essendon Bombers free AFL bet tips, predictions and preview.
Geelong Cats vs Essendon Tips, Preview & Predictions
Geelong Cats vs Essendon Bombers free AFL bet tips, predictions and preview- Cats to be too strong at home.
Geelong Cats vs Essendon H2H Prediction
Geelong Cats vs Essendon Tips
Grian Miers has 59 disposals in the past two weeks.
Tom Hawkins has dined out against Essendon in recent years, kicking 22 goals in his past four matches against the red and black.
Geelong Cats vs Essendon Same Game Multi Tips
- Tom Stewart is averaging a tick under 25 disposals in his past four matches.
- Grian Miers has 59 disposals in the past two weeks.
- Zach Merrett has averaged 29.5 disposals in his past four games against Geelong.
- Darcy Parish has averaged 33 disposals in his past four games against Essendon. Parish comes off 39 disposals in Round 17.
- Jake Stinger has booted eight goals in his past three games against Geelong.
- Grian Miers has booted five goals in his past three games against Essendon.
- Tom Hawkins has dined out against Essendon in recent years, kicking 22 goals in his past four matches against the red and black.
Geelong Cats vs EssendonMatch Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday July 15
⏰ Time: 7:25pm (AEST)
🏟 Stadium: GMHBA Stadium
Geelong vs Essendon 2023 Form (last five matches)
- R12: Western Bulldogs 75-97 Geelong
- R13: Bye
- R14: Port Adelaide 110-72 Geelong
- R15: Geelong 78-63 Melbourne
- R16: Sydney 54-54 Geelong
- R17: Geelong 125-63 North Melbourne
- R12: Essendon 105-99 North Melbourne
- R13: Carlton 52-86 Essendon
- R14: Bye
- R15: Fremantle 93-61 Essendon
- R16: Essendon 74-78 Port Adelaide
- R17: Essendon 116-97 Adelaide
Essendon vs Geelong Cats Head to Head (last five matches)
- R7 2023: Essendon 104-132 Geelong
- R1 2022: Geelong 138-72 Essendon
- R16 2021: Geelong 98-57 Essendon
- R16 2020: Geelong 108-42 Essendon
- R7 2019: Geelong 86-54 Essendon
Cats vs Bombers Preview
This is one of a number of key match ups in AFL Round 18 as we head towards the business end of the season. The Saturday night contest sees 8th placed Geelong host 5th placed Essendon. Both sides are within striking distance of a top four spot but in what is a bit of a double edged sword, they could be outside of the eight at the end of the round should they lose.
Geelong enjoy the home ground advantage, hosting Essendon for a rare occasion at GMHBA Stadium. Excluding 2021 in front of empty grandstands due to Covid, this will be the first time the two sides have played at the venue since 1993.
The Cats are four from five at GMHBA in 2023 and chalked up a 62 point win at the Cattery over North Melbourne in Round 17. Tyson Stengle booted five goals, while Ollie Henry chimed in with four. Gryan Miers and Mitch Duncan both had 30+ disposals.
On the same day, Essendon enjoyed the upper hand over the Adelaide Crows in what was a bit of a shootout at Marvel Stadium. The Bombers booted a total of 17 goals in the 18 point win with Peter Wright and Kyle Langford combining for six majors, while Darcy Parish and Zach Merrett both had 39 disposals.
That duo can give the visitors a bit of ascendancy in the middle but the Bombers will need to quickly adapt to the unique dimensions of the ground. I am not convinced about where the Cats are at but their experience should be enough to hold the Bombers at bay on Saturday night.
Cats vs Bombers Stats
- Essendon are 5th on the ladder with nine wins from 16 games, Geelong have won eight and drawn one to sit in 8th position.
- The Cats rank 3rd for goals scored this season, the Bombers are 7th.
- Essendon are 5th for total disposals, Geelong are 15th.
- Geelong have won the past five matches between the two sides.
Bombers vs Geelong Best Bet