Geelong have risen to third after their triumph over the Saints, whilst their opponents Gold Coast lost their second match on the trot. They meet at GMHBA on Saturday afternoon.
Geelong vs Gold Coast Tips, Preview & Predictions
Geelong Cats vs Gold Coast Suns free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Each of the last six matches between Geelong and Gold Coast at GMHBA have gone OVER the total points line.
Geelong vs Gold Coast Tips
Geelong vs Gold Coast Same Game Multi Tips
Geelong vs Gold Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 22
⏰ Time: 2:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: GMHBA
Geelong vs Gold Coast 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: Geelong 77-47 North Melbourne
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 7: Sydney 90-88 Geelong
- RD 8: Richmond 63-126 Geelong
- RD 9: St Kilda 47-68 Geelong
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
- RD 7: Collingwood 55-79 Gold Coast
- RD 8: Gold Coast 54-63 St Kilda
- RD 9: Gold Coast 51-124 Brisbane
Geelong vs Gold Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
- R5 2020: Cats 89-52 Suns
- R10 2019: Suns 64-91 Cats
- R23 2018: Cats 142-40 Suns
- R11 2018: Suns 36-121 Cats
- R7 2017: Suns 124-99 Cats
Geelong vs Gold Coast Preview
Although the Cats weren’t at the peak of their powers, they still came away with a 21-point win over the Saints.
Despite not playing well against St Kilda, Chris Scott’s side was still able to come away with the four points, which is one of the best signs of a good team. Geelong will be looking to improve in the midfield this week, against the Suns, who are the worst centre clearance team in the competition.
The Cats have won four of their last five matches, with the only loss coming against the Swans by two points. They’ve defeated North Melbourne (30 points), West Coast (97 points), Richmond (63 points) and St Kilda (21 points).
A particular highlight of recent by the Cats is being able to restrict their opponents to low scores, keeping them to less than 65 points, three time in the last five matches.
Meanwhile, the Suns were uninspiring in their heavy defeat against the Lions last time out.
Gold Coast were terrible after the first quarter against Brisbane, struggling to create anything meaningful, which all stemmed from the middle of the ground with 25 less inside 50’s and 15 fewer clearances.
The Suns have adopted a kicking style approach this season, being the highest total kicking side in the competition. You can expect them to try their best to maintain possession with short kicks due to the Cats strong tall options.
Geelong have been one of the best form sides over the past month, and I think they’ll continue that form against the Suns at home.
Cats vs Suns Team News
The Cats could make a couple changes depending on the fitness of Jake Kolodjashnij and Luke Dahlhaus.
Gold Coast could also be making a couple changes. Touk Miller will return from suspension and Nick Holman will return from concussion.
The two sides last met in Round 5 last season which saw the Cats win by 37 points.
Cats vs Suns Stats
- Geelong has failed to cover the line in seven of their last 10 matches
- Each of the last six matches between Geelong and Gold Coast at GMHBA have gone OVER the total points line
- Geelong have won five of their last seven matches
- Jeremy Cameron has kicked 13 goals from four matches
Cats vs Suns Best Bet