The Cats will be looking to get back in the winner’s circle after their loss to the Demons when they face the winless Kangaroos to conclude Round 5 action.
Geelong vs North Melbourne Tips, Preview & Predictions
Geelong Cats vs North Melbourne Kangaroos free AFL tips, predictions and preview – North Melbourne has lost every match this season by 40+ points.
Geelong vs North Melbourne Tips
Geelong vs North Melbourne Same Game Multi Tips
Geelong vs North Melbourne Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday April 18
⏰ Time: 4:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: GMHBA
Geelong vs North Melbourne 2020 Form
- RD 1: Adelaide 103-91 Geelong
- RD 2: Geelong 81-80 Brisbane
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Melbourne 85-60 Geelong
- RD 1: North Melbourne 65-117 Port Adelaide
- RD 2: Gold Coast 98-39 North Melbourne
- RD 3: North Melbourne 39-167 Western Bulldogs
- RD 4: North Melbourne 68-109 Adelaide
Geelong vs North Melbourne Head to Head (last five matches)
- R10 2020: Cats 90-57 Roos
- R21 2019: Cats 69-14 Roos
- R8 2019: Roos 80-104 Cats
- R12 2018: Cats 96-59 Roos
- R2 2017: Cats 112-111 Roos
Geelong vs North Melbourne Preview
The Cats fell disappointingly short against the Demons last time out, falling to a 25-point defeat.
Geelong has been the second-best team in the competition for clearances this season, and they will only get more damaging with the return of Brownlow medal winner Patrick Dangerfield.
Chris Scott will look to isolate dangerous forward Tom Hawkins, whose best attribute is his strength in the one-on-one contest, a big task for Ben McKay.
Meanwhile, the Kangaroos lost by 41 points against the Crows in a lacklustre fourth quarter.
North Melbourne will look back on what they did well in the first three quarters against the Crows, but an eight-goal to one last term saw them fall to another 40+ point defeat.
The fourth consecutive loss of the season wasn’t the only bad thing to come out of their Round 4 match. Injuries to Luke McDonald and Cameron Zurhaar will seriously dent their chances on Sunday.
Although the Cats haven’t lived up to expectations so far this season, they should easily be able to claim the four points on Sunday.
Cats vs Kangaroos Team News
Patrick Dangerfield returns from his first-round suspension, with Gary Rohan joining him. Quinton Narkle and Zach Guthrie will be the likely omissions.
The Kangaroos will be forced to make two changes with Luke McDonald Cameron Zurhaar suffering injuries against the Crows. Ben Cunnington will be available after successfully fighting his suspension at the tribunal.
The two sides last met in Round 10 last season which saw the Cats win by 33 points.
Cats vs Kangaroos Stats
- Four of the Cats previous five matches at GMHBA have gone OVER the total points line
- Cameron Guthrie had had 25+ disposals in his last three matches
- Jack Ziebell has had 25+ disposals in three of his last four matches
- Jaidyn Stephenson has kicked four goals in his last two matches
- North Melbourne has lost every match this season by 40+ points
Cats vs Kangaroos Best Bet