The Suns won their fourth ever match at the MCG against the Magpies and will look to make it three wins on the trot on Saturday, when they host the Saints who are fresh off a 69-point victory.
Gold Coast vs St Kilda Tips, Preview & Predictions
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Saints free AFL tips, predictions and preview – St Kilda have won the previous five meetings
Gold Coast vs St Kilda Tips
Gold Coast vs St Kilda Same Game Multi Tips
Gold Coast vs St Kilda Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 8
⏰ Time: 2:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Gold Coast vs St Kilda 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 3: Adelaide 95-85 Gold Coast
- RD 4: Gold Coast 59-70 Carlton
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
- RD 7: Collingwood 55-79 Gold Coast
- RD 3: Essendon 143-68 St Kilda
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
- RD 7: St Kilda 128-59 Hawthorn
Gold Coast vs St Kilda Head to Head (last five matches)
- R10 2020: Suns 74-78 Saints
- R13 2019: Suns 76-80 Saints
- R1 2019: Saints 85-84 Suns
- R13 2018: Suns 78-80 Saints
- R14 2017: Saints 103-72 Suns
Gold Coast vs St Kilda Preview
The Suns defeated the struggling Magpies to record their first-ever away win against Collingwood.
Gold Coast’s forward half pressure has been a big reason for their success in limiting the oppositions score from the back half this season. They are currently ranked second for tackles inside 50.
Stuart Dew could see his side move into the top eight for the first time this season with a win on Saturday afternoon. The Sun’s midfield was superb last week and will need to repeat that success against the Saints.
Brandon Ellis was a particular star in the match against the Magpies, with 35 disposals and a goal. Touk Miller and Hugh Greenwood were also instrumental in the middle of the ground.
Meanwhile, the Saints bounced back with an impressive 69-point triumph against the Hawks.
St Kilda has been extremely inconsistent this season, with large triumphs over West Coast and Hawthorn but large defeats against Essendon and Richmond. You can expect them to maintain possession with uncontested marks and to take control of the game in an attempt to be more consistent.
Ruck duo Paddy Ryder and Rowan Marshall played together for the first time this season to great effect, but it will be the form of the small forwards that will please Brett Ratten most, with Dan Butler and Jack Higgins kicking seven goals between them against the Hawks.
The Saints have been very inconsistent so far this season, and I think the Suns will have what it takes on home turf.
Suns vs Saints Team News
I don’t believe you will see the Suns make any changes after an impressive two weeks.
The Saints will also make minimal changes after their display against Hawthorn, but you may see Luke Dunstan included into the side after picking up 35 disposals and three goals in the VFL.
The two sides last met in Round 10 last season which saw the Saints win by four points.
Suns vs Saints Stats
- St Kilda have won the previous five meetings
- The last five day matches between these sides has gone UNDER the total points line
- Touk Miller has had 27+ disposals in his last four matches
- Jack Steele has had 25+ disposals in his last five matches
- Ben Ainsworth has kicked at least one goal in 11 of his last 12 matches at Metricon
Suns vs Saints Best Bet