St Kilda Saints vs Gold Coast Suns free AFL tips, predictions and preview.
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Tips, Preview & Predictions
St Kilda Saints vs Gold Coast Suns free AFL tips, predictions and preview by our expert AFL footy tipsters – Can Suns rebound under their new coach?
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda H2H Prediction
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Tips
Touk Miller has averaged 29 disposals in his past four outings against St Kilda
Seven of the Saints last eight wins over Gold Coast were by less than 39.5 points.
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Same Game Multi Tips
- Touk Miller has averaged 29 disposals in his past four outings against St Kilda.
- Noah Anderson has had 25 or more disposals in 11 of his past 12 matches.
- Brad Crouch has averaged 30.3 disposals in his past three games against the Suns
- Jack Sinclair has had 30 or more disposals in his past five matches.
- Dan Butler has kicked 2+ goals in five of his past seven matches
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday July 15
⏰ Time: 2:10pm (AEST)
🏟 Stadium: Heritage Bank Stadium
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda 2023 Form (last five matches)
- R12: Gold Coast 112-87 Adelaide
- R13: Bye
- R14: Carlton 120-61 Gold Coast
- R15: Gold Coast 101-34 Hawthorn
- R16: Gold Coast 42-120 Collingwood
- R17: Port Adelaide 106-73 Gold Coast
- R12: Bye
- R13: Sydney 66-80 St Kilda
- R14: Richmond 90-70 St Kilda
- R15: St Kilda 56-84 Brisbane Lions
- R16: West Coast 77-85 St Kilda
- R17: St Kilda 58-79 Melbourne
Suns v Saints Head to Head (last five matches)
- R4 2023: Saints 113-60 Suns
- R4 2022: Saints 87-Suns 64
- R8 2021: Suns 54-63 Saints
- R10 2020: Suns 74-78 Saints
- R13 2019: Suns 76-80 Saints
St Kilda vs Gold Coast Preview
Gold Coast play host to St Kilda in AFL Round 18 and the Suns slim hopes of featuring in their first ever finals campaign are hanging by a thread.
Their now former coach, Stuart Dew, was given the flick earlier this week after his side was unable to match the competition’s best in recent weeks, going down to the ladder leaders, Collingwood, at home in Round 16 by 78 points before travelling to Adelaide and losing to 2nd placed Port Adelaide by 33.
They were unable to stem a 3rd quarter onslaught from the Power, conceding nine goals, which was the difference in the end. This has been a theme in their past three losses. Ben King was subbed out after a disappointing display but Noah Anderson found plenty of the footy once again with 19 disposals, while Touk Miller was serviceable in his return from injury and should only improve. Steven King now takes the reign as head coach.
St Kilda also dropped their Round 17 clash, going down to Melbourne by 21 points. The Saints have now lose three of their past four but did have some excuses against the Demons. Max King (brother of Ben) was subbed out after the first 15 seconds of the game, while Seb Ross (hamstring) and Zaine Cordy (concussion) followed soon after on the sidelined. That trio join a lengthy injury list.
Rowan Marshall, Jack Sinclair, Jack Steele and Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera all found plenty of the footy and will need to fire once again for their side to pick up a crucial win. The Saints will need to be mindful of their ball use heading forward to avoid turnovers, something that has been a theme this year in their losses with opponents feasting on intercept marking.
If they are able to find a better system heading forward, the Saints can take this out an hold their spot in the top eight. Heading into the round, Ross Lyon’s side are 6th, just once game behind 4th placed Melbourne, but only one clear of 10th placed GWS.
Saints vs Suns Stats
- St Kilda have won their past eight against the Gold Coast Suns.
- The Saints have a win-loss record of 9-7 in 2023, the Suns are 7-9.
- St Kilda top the competition for average disposals in 2023, Gold Coast are 17th.
Gold Coast Suns vs St Kilda Best Bet