The Giants will be hunting their first win of the season to kick-start their campaign in the right direction when they host Melbourne on Sunday.
GWS vs Melbourne Demons Tips, Preview & Predictions
GWS Giants vs Melbourne Demons free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Melbourne have won their last four matches by a margin of 1-39.
GWS vs Melbourne Demons Tips
GWS vs Melbourne Demons Same Game Multi Tips
GWS vs Melbourne Demons Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday April 4
⏰ Time: 6:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Manuka Oval
GWS vs Melbourne Demons 2020 Form
- RD 1: GWS 78-86 St Kilda
- RD 2: Fremantle 87-56 GWS
- RD 1: Melbourne 80-58 Fremantle
- RD 2: St Kilda 73-91 Melbourne
GWS vs Melbourne Demons Head to Head (last five matches)
The home side has won eight of the previous 11 meetings.
- R17 2020: Giants 74-79 Demons
- R10 2019: Demons 68-94 Giants
- R23 2018: Demons 102-57 Giants
- R20 2017: Giants 97-62 Demons
- R1 2016: Demons 80-78 Giants
GWS vs Melbourne Demons Preview
GWS failed disappointingly against the Dockers, kicking a mere 56 points.
The Giants loss against Fremantle meant it was their fifth consecutive loss, a downfall from the heights of 2019. Questions will perhaps start being asked on coach Leon Cameron as he desperately looks to improve his sides clearance numbers.
You can expect the Giants to make a lot of defensive changes to their structure after conceding 22 marks inside 50 in round 2.
Meanwhile, the Demons could have won by more than three goals against the Saints, having 13 more scoring shots than the opposition.
Simon Goodwin made the most of St Kilda’s ruck issues, utilising Max Gawn to dominate the ariel duels as they get first use of the ball. Against a dangerous Giants midfield, he will need to do the same.
Melbourne fans will be happy to see lively forward Tom McDonald hit form in the forward line this season, and a large presence in the impressive inside 50 efficiency against the Saints.
It’s a tough match to predict but considering the Giants poor form, I believe Melbourne could claim the four points, but I wouldn’t count the Giants out in this one.
Giants vs Demons Team News
The Giants will be forced to make one change with Sam Reid being suspended for two matches. Jake Riccardi will come into the team after recovering from his ankle injury.
The Demons won’t rush to make any changes, but former Bombers Michael Hibberd and Jake Melksham are available for selection if needed.
The two sides last met in Round 17 last season which saw the Demons win by 5 points.
Giants vs Demons Stats
- GWS has failed to cover the line in their last six matches
- Six of Melbourne’s last seven matches have gone UNDER the Total Points Line
- Callan Ward has had 27+ disposals in his last five matches against Melbourne
- Steven May has had 21+ disposals in Melbourne’s last three matches
- Melbourne have won their last four matches by a margin of 1-39
Giants vs Demons Best Bet