The Hawks host the Crows in Tasmania for the first time this season, with both sides looking for a much-needed victory.
Hawthorn vs Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
Hawthorn Hawks vs Adelaide Crows free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Hawthorn have lost their last four games as favourite.
Hawthorn vs Adelaide Tips
Hawthorn vs Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
Hawthorn vs Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday April 25
⏰ Time: 12:30pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: University of Tasmania Stadium
Hawthorn vs Adelaide 2021 Form
- RD 1: Essendon 91-92 Hawthorn
- RD 2: Hawthorn 49-78 Richmond
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 5: Hawthorn 54-104 Melbourne
- RD 1: Adelaide 103-91 Geelong
- RD 2: Sydney 121-88 Adelaide
- RD 3: Adelaide 95-85 Gold Coast
- RD 4: North Melbourne 68-109 Adelaide
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
Hawthorn vs Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
- R15 2020: Hawks 48-83 Crows
- R1 2019: Crows 55-87 Hawks
- R13 2018: Hawks 88-32 Crows
- R14 2017: Crows 82-96 Hawks
- R2 2017: Hawks 89-113 Crows
Hawthorn vs Adelaide Preview
The Hawks despite showing positive signs in the first half, a disappointing second half saw them fall to a 50-point defeat.
The dominance of Max Gawn in the ruck proved too much in the last term for the Hawks. Despite Gawn’s dominance, the Hawks were still able to stalemate the clearances. However, they will need to do the same to be in the contest, although they are 16th for clearances this season.
The Hawks last played in Tasmania in 2019. They have a good recent record at the University of Tasmania Stadium, with six wins from their last eight matches.
Meanwhile, the Crows weren’t quite able to get the job done in an eventful match against the Dockers.
Despite holding an 11-point lead halfway in the last quarter, they ended up losing the match by two goals. Their efficiency let them down for the first time this season, going at 36.4%.
Adelaide would’ve taken a 3-2 record to start the season and keeps their hopes of an optimistic season alive. You can expect them to play a heavy handball type of game on a ground that promotes it. Paul Seedsman and Rory Laird are typically always involved in the link-up play.
Although the Hawks haven’t won a match since their opening match of the season against Essendon, I believe they could claim the four points against the Crows.
Hawks vs Crows Team News
Hawthorn will look to make a few changes, with Mitch Lewis available after suspension and Tyler Brockman fit, after being rested against the Demons.
The Crows may make one change up forward to provide another ariel threat. Elliot Himmelberg is a likely inclusion.
The two sides last met in Round 15 last season which saw the Crows win by 35 points.
Hawks vs Crows Stats
- Hawthorn have lost their last four games as favourite
- Rory Laird has 30+ disposals in his last 10 matches
- Paul Seedsman has had 25+ disposals in his last three matches
- Chad Wingard has kicked at least two goals in his last four games against Adelaide
- Tom Lynch has kicked at least one goal in six of his last seven matches against Hawthorn
Hawks vs Crows Best Bet