Gold Coast and Hawthorn travel to the SCG on Saturday night, with preparations disrupted for both sides due to the current Victorian COVID-19 cluster.
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn Tips, Preview & Predictions
Gold Coast Suns vs Hawthorn Hawks free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Hawthorn have lost eight of their last nine matches.
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn Tips
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn Same Game Multi Tips
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 29
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: SCG
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
- RD 7: Collingwood 55-79 Gold Coast
- RD 8: Gold Coast 54-63 St Kilda
- RD 9: Gold Coast 51-124 Brisbane
- RD 10: Geelong 91-57 Gold Coast
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
- RD 7: St Kilda 128-59 Hawthorn
- RD 8: Hawthorn 60-98 West Coast
- RD 9: Hawthorn 80-87 North Melbourne
- RD 10: Carlton 86-63 Hawthorn
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn Head to Head (last five matches)
- R18 2020: Hawks 108-57 Suns
- R22 2019: Hawks 118-48 Suns
- R14 2018: Hawks 96-43 Suns
- R12 2017: Hawks 79-95 Suns
- R3 2017: Suns 139-59 Hawks
Gold Coast vs Hawthorn Preview
Despite their best efforts, the Suns weren’t able to get the result they wanted against the Cats, falling to a 34-point defeat.
Stuart Dew’s inexperienced Gold Coast outfit couldn’t quite keep up with the Cats. However, they can hold their head up high, particularly with their creativity inside 50, going at 50%.
The match was originally postponed less than 24 hours ago, so both sides will have their preparations disrupted, so you can expect a cagey affair, with both teams playing it safe.
Meanwhile, the Hawks showed promise but eventually lost to the Blues by 23-points.
Alastair Clarkson’s side needed a win to lift their spirits against Carlton but weren’t able to do so. Although they did lose the match, they were strong as a defensive unit, keeping Carlton to 35% efficiency inside 50.
The poor form has been a concern for the Hawks, winning only one of their last nine matches.
However, Tom Mitchell has been superb recently and racked up 44 disposals last time out. I fancy him to have another big day at the office, especially with Jaeger O’Meara missing through injury.
With both sides having no home advantage for this clash, it should be an entertaining tie, in which I believe Gold Coast will end up winning.
Suns vs Hawks Team News
The Suns have omitted Josh Corbett and Caleb Graham with Jy Farrar coming into the side.
Jaeger O’Meara and Kyle Hartigan will miss through injury and Oliver Hanrahan has been omitted. Liam Shiels and Shaun Burgoyne will come into the side.
The two sides last met in Round 18 last season which saw the Hawks win by 51 points.
Suns vs Hawks Stats
- Hawthorn have lost eight of their last nine matches
- Six of Gold Coast’s last eight night matches have gone under the total points line
- Touk Miller has had 30+ disposals in his last four matches
- Luke Breust has kicked 2+ goals in five of his last six matches
Suns vs Hawks Best Bet