Hawthorn will be hungry to end Melbourne’s undefeated run, when they clash on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.
Hawthorn vs Melbourne Demons Tips, Preview & Predictions
Hawthorn Hawks vs Melbourne Demons free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Melbourne have won their last six matches by a margin of 1-39.
Hawthorn vs Melbourne Demons Tips
Hawthorn vs Melbourne Demons Same Game Multi Tips
Hawthorn vs Melbourne Demons Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday April 18
⏰ Time: 3:20pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Hawthorn vs Melbourne Demons 2020 Form
- RD 1: Essendon 91-92 Hawthorn
- RD 2: Hawthorn 49-78 Richmond
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 1: Melbourne 80-58 Fremantle
- RD 2: St Kilda 73-91 Melbourne
- RD 3: GWS 68-102 Melbourne
- RD 4: Melbourne 85-60 Geelong
Hawthorn vs Melbourne Demons Head to Head (last five matches)
- R7 2020: Hawks 48-91 Demons
- R7 2019: Demons 79-74 Hawks
- SF 2018: Hawks 71-104 Demons
- R4 2018: Hawks 115-48 Demons
- R7 2017: Demons 91-94 Hawks
Hawthorn vs Melbourne Demons Preview
The Hawks fell narrowly short by 15 points in a fiery encounter last time out against the Dockers.
Hawthorn wasn’t able to create anything meaningful against Fremantle despite controlling possession for the majority of the match. Against a strong Demons defence of recent, Alastair Clarkson’s side will need to carefully move the ball in the forward half, rather than booting it long.
Hawthorn, despite being competitive in every match so far this season, has been the worst side for inside 50’s so far in the competition, averaging a mere 46.8.
Meanwhile, the Demons maintained their perfect start to the season with an impressive 25-point victory over premiership contenders Geelong.
Melbourne have started the season 4-0 for the first time since 1994. They have defeated Fremantle (22 points), St Kilda (18 points), GWS (34 points) and Geelong (25 points).
The Demons success this season has been on their incredible work out of the middle of the ground, averaging 37.8 clearances this season. Simon Goodwin will look to exploit the Hawks lack of work in the middle of the ground.
The Demons have proved a lot of people wrong so far this season, and they should make it five wins to start the season, but don’t count the resilient Hawks out.
Hawks vs Demons Team News
The Hawks will make at least one change due to Mitch Lewis’ suspension. Jacob Koschitzke is the most likely replacement. Shaun Burgoyne will most likely return to the line-up as well.
Melbourne will also be forced to make one change with the unlucky eye injury to Steven May.
The two sides last met in Round 7 last season which saw the Demons win by 43 points.
Hawks vs Demons Stats
- Melbourne have won their last six matches by a margin of 1-39
- Hawthorn has covered the line in each of their previous six matches at the MCG
- Jarman Impey has had 20+ disposals in his last four matches
- Tyler Brockman has kicked at least one goal in his previous four matches
Hawks vs Demons Best Bet