The Hawks and Kangaroos battle it out in Tasmania on Saturday afternoon in the bottom of the table clash, with North Melbourne still searching for their first win of the season.
Hawthorn vs North Melbourne Tips, Preview & Predictions
Hawthorn Hawks vs North Melbourne Kangaroos free AFL tips, predictions and preview – North Melbourne have won one match since Round 3, 2020.
Hawthorn vs North Melbourne Tips
Hawthorn vs North Melbourne Same Game Multi Tips
Hawthorn vs North Melbourne Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 15
⏰ Time: 2:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: University of Tasmania Stadium
Hawthorn vs North Melbourne 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 5: Hawthorn 54-104 Melbourne
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
- RD 7: St Kilda 128-59 Hawthorn
- RD 8: Hawthorn 60-98 West Coast
- RD 4: North Melbourne 68-109 Adelaide
- RD 5: Geelong 77-47 North Melbourne
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
- RD 7: North Melbourne 73-103 Melbourne
- RD 8: North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood
Hawthorn vs North Melbourne Head to Head (last five matches)
- R4 2020: Hawks 58-54 Roos
- R20 2019: Roos 86-64 Hawks
- R3 2019: Hawks 87-71 Roos
- R5 2018: Roos 98-70 Hawks
- R21 2017: Hawks 116-89 Roos
Hawthorn vs North Melbourne Preview
The Hawks fell to their sixth defeat in seven games against the Eagles by 38-points last time out.
Hawthorn lacked the creativity moving the ball forward against a premiership contender last week, only managing a mere 35 inside 50’s, resulting in 20 scoring shots.
Alastair Clarkson has his side progressing the ball by hand this season, being the second-highest handball side in the competition, and ranked 14th for kicks. They will have to overwhelm the Roos in the middle of the ground, who are ranked last for clearances, whilst the Hawks are 17th.
Meanwhile, the Kangaroos are still searching for their first win of the season after losing to the struggling Magpies by three goals.
Once again, David Noble’s side showed glimpses of how threatening they can be, particularly in the transition from half-back, in the opening term and the beginning of the third quarter, but inevitably couldn’t contain Collingwood with defensive lapses.
Since Round 3 last season, the Kangaroos have only won one match, which was against the winless Crows in Round 9 by 69 points. Not only that, but they will also need to break a run of six consecutive triumphs by the home side in this fixture.
Both teams have played well in their Tasmanian games this season, and I believe the Hawks are going to be too strong for the hapless Kangaroos.
Hawks vs Kangaroos Team News
The Hawks welcome the return of duo Jack Gunston and Jaeger O’Meara from injury, with a couple of inexperienced players like Emerson Jeka and Dylan Moore the likely omissions.
North Melbourne will have to make two changes with injuries to key men Aiden Bonar and Jaidyn Stephenson. However, Trent Dumont will return after a strong VFL performance.
The two sides last met in Round 4 last season which saw the Hawks win by four points.
Hawks vs Kangaroos Stats
- The last four meetings have gone UNDER the total points line
- However, all of these sides Tasmania games this season have gone OVER the total points line
- Hawthorn has failed to cover the line in their last six matches as favourite
- North Melbourne have won one match since Round 3, 2020
- The home side has won the previous six meetings
Hawks vs Kangaroos Best Bet