Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne Demons free AFL Round 18 tips, predictions and preview.
Melbourne vs Brisbane Same Game Multi Tips, Predictions & Promos
Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne Demons free AFL Round 18 tips, predictions and preview by footy tips experts – Can Brisbane chalk up win at the MCG in Semi Final rematch that pits 3rd vs 4th?
Melbourne vs Brisbane H2H Prediction
Melbourne vs BrisbaneTips
Lachie Neale has had 30 disposals or more in five of his past eight games, he had 29 in two of the other three.
Eric Hipwood has booted 14 goals in the past five matches, kicking 2+ in each of those.
Melbourne vs Brisbane Same Game Multi Tips
- Darcy Wilmot has had 15 or more disposals in his past five matches.
- Hugh McCluggage has averaged 24 disposals in his past four games against Melbourne.
- Jack Viney is averaging 31 disposals in the past four weeks.
- Lachie Neale has had 25 or more disposals in his past eight matches.
- Jake Melksham has booted at least one goal in five of his six games this season, despite being used as the sub on four occasions. He was not the sub last weekend and booted two goals.
- Eric Hipwood has booted 14 goals in the past five matches, kicking 2+ in each of those.
Melbourne vs Brisbane Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday July 14
⏰ Time: 7:50pm (AEST)
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Melbourne vs Brisbane 2023 Form (last five matches)
- R12: Melbourne 61-44 Carlton
- R13: Melbourne 66-62 Collingwood
- R14: Bye
- R15: Geelong 78-63 Melbourne
- R16: Melbourne 45-47 GWS Giants
- R17: St Kilda 58-79 Melbourne
- R12: Bye
- R13: Hawthorn 98-73 Brisbane Lions
- R14: Brisbane 97-Sydney 81
- R15: St Kilda 56-84 Brisbane Lions
- R16: Brisbane Lions 134-53 Richmond
- R17: Brisbane Lions 116-35 West Coast Eagles
Melbourne vs Brisbane Head to Head (last five matches)
- R2 2023: Lions 93-82 Demons
- SF 2022: Demons 79-92 Lions
- R23 2022: Lions 57-115 Demons
- R15 2022: Demons 117-53 Lions
- QF 2021: Demons 93-60 Lions
Melbourne vs Brisbane Preview
This shapes as a cracking contest as Friday night footy heads to the MCG in a rematch of last year’s semi final that saw Brisbane bundle Melbourne out of finals contention.
The two sides met earlier in the year in a game that will be remembered for the lights going off at the GABBA. Brisbane led that match by 40 points when the blackout occurred with 12 minutes left in the game, only to fadeout themselves, eventually holding on by 11 points.
Plenty of water has flowed under the bridge since then. Brisbane sit in 3rd position on the ladder with a win-loss record of 12-4, while Melbourne are 10-6, sitting 4th. A win for Brisbane will just about lock in a top four spot, while a Demons win will see them hold a host of sides at arms length.
Simon Goodwin’s side come off an important 21 point win in Round 17 over an injury decimated St Kilda. Christian Petracca was the match winner and spent most of the time up forward, booting four goals, while Steven May was dominant inside defensive 50.
May is likely to get the job on either Joe Daniher or Eric Hipwood. That might free up Jack Gunston, who booted six goals in his return from absence last weekend. That came against West Coast and it was an 81 point win at home for the Lions in what was a bit of a training drill.
A key aspect of Friday’s match is the venue and the Lions have won just three of seven interstate games as the away side this season. They lost to Hawthorn at their most recent trip to the MCG and will need to improve on what they dished up that day. Good news for Lions fans is that the Demons continue to be without Clayton Oliver and Bailey Fritsch, who have performed well against Brisbane in the past.
Melbourne vs Brisbane Stats
- Brisbane are 3rd on the ladder with a win-loss record of 12-4, Melbourne are 4th and 10-6.
- The two sides played earlier this season and it was an 11 point win for the Lions at the GABBA
- Brisbane have lost 13 of their past 14 at the MCG. The win was over Melbourne in the Semi Final of 2023.
- The Lions have won their past two games against Melbourne
- Brisbane top the competition for goals scored in 2023, Melbourne are 6th.
Demons vs Lions Best Bet