The Kangaroos are still yet to get their first win on the board, and they face one of their toughest challenges yet against the undefeated Demons, who are fresh off an ANZAC Eve triumph.
North Melbourne vs Melbourne Demons Tips, Preview & Predictions
North Melbourne Kangaroos vs Melbourne Demons free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Eight of the last nine matches between these sides have gone OVER the total points line.
North Melbourne vs Melbourne Demons Tips
North Melbourne vs Melbourne Demons Same Game Multi Tips
NEXT BEST 💰
- Total Match Points OVER (161.5) $1.88
- To get 20+ disposals Jack Viney $1.36
- To get 25+ disposals Jy Simpkin $1.91
- To get 25+ disposals Christian Petracca $1.22
- Anytime goalscorer Alex Neal-Bullen $1.40
- Anytime goalscorer Jaidyn Stephenson $1.28
- To kick 2+ goals Tom McDonald $1.62
North Melbourne vs Melbourne Demons Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 2
⏰ Time: 1:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Blundstone Arena
North Melbourne vs Melbourne Demons 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: Gold Coast 98-39 North Melbourne
- RD 3: North Melbourne 39-167 Western Bulldogs
- RD 4: North Melbourne 68-109 Adelaide
- RD 5: Geelong 77-47 North Melbourne
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
- RD 2: St Kilda 73-91 Melbourne
- RD 3: GWS 68-102 Melbourne
- RD 4: Melbourne 85-60 Geelong
- RD 5: Hawthorn 54-104 Melbourne
- RD 6: Melbourne 82-48 Richmond
North Melbourne vs Melbourne Demons Head to Head (last five matches)
- R11 2020: Demons 92-35 Kangaroos
- R23 2019: Kangaroos 88-83 Demons
- R3 2018: Demons 123-86 Kangaroos
- R19 2017: Kangaroos 76-72 Demons
- R9 2017: Demons 90-104 Kangaroos
North Melbourne vs Melbourne Demons Preview
The Kangaroos were disappointing against the Dockers in their 51-point defeat, which has been the story of their season so far.
North Melbourne have made their worst start to a season in nearly 50 years, being the only winless side remaining in the competition. The loss behind closed doors last time out was the Roo’s fourth 50+ point defeat of the season.
David Noble’s side will need to be more creative in the forward half of the ground, being the worst clearance and marks inside 50 team in the competition.
Jack Ziebell has been solid down back, averaging 30 disposals a season. Todd Goldstein vs Max Gawn in the ruck is the matchup of the game, with contests between these two in the past being a strong tussle.
Meanwhile, the Demons have been the complete opposite to the Kangaroos, remaining undefeated after they triumphed over the reigning premiers on ANZAC Eve.
Melbourne have been the deadliest team in the competition so far this season, averaging the most inside 50’s on the competition. It all begins from the middle of the ground with Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca pulling the strings of this campaign.
It will be a big week for new Melbourne forward Ben Brown, who is set to make his debut against his former side in his home state of Tasmania on Sunday. Brown kicked 287 goals for the Kangaroos in 130 games.
Melbourne have been one of two sides to remain undefeated so far this season, and I can’t see them losing this one. You can expect a large victory for the Demons on Sunday afternoon.
Kangaroos vs Demons Team News
The Kangaroos will make a couple of changes with Aaron Hall being one of them, returning from his concussion.
Simon Goodwin has confirmed that Ben Brown will make his debut this week in what will be a taller forward line.
The two sides last met in Round 11 last season which saw the Demons win by 57 points.
Kangaroos vs Demons Stats
- North Melbourne have covered the line in nine of their past 12 day matches against the Melbourne
- Eight of the last nine matches between these sides have gone OVER the total points line
- Jack Ziebell averages 30 disposals this season
- North Melbourne average 27 clearances a match, ranked 18th in the competition
Kangaroos vs Demons Best Bet