The Demons will be looking to maintain their undefeated run, when they face the Tigers on Saturday night in the traditional ANZAC Eve match.
Melbourne vs Richmond Tips, Preview & Predictions
Melbourne Demons vs Richmond Tigers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Richmond has won the previous five meetings.
Melbourne vs Richmond Tips
Melbourne vs Richmond Same Game Multi Tips
Melbourne vs Richmond Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday April 24
⏰ Time: 7:25pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Melbourne vs Richmond 2021 Form
- RD 1: Melbourne 80-58 Fremantle
- RD 2: St Kilda 73-91 Melbourne
- RD 3: GWS 68-102 Melbourne
- RD 4: Melbourne 85-60 Geelong
- RD 5: Hawthorn 54-104 Melbourne
- RD 1: Richmond 105-80 Carlton
- RD 2: Hawthorn 49-78 Richmond
- RD 3: Richmond 72-117 Sydney
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
Melbourne vs Richmond Head to Head (last five matches)
- R5 2020: Demons 52-79 Tigers
- R20 2019: Demons 60-93 Tigers
- R6 2019: Tigers 85-42 Demons
- R5 2018: Demons 56-102 Tigers
- R5 2017: Tigers 88-75 Demons
Melbourne vs Richmond Preview
The Demons continued their dominance this season with a commanding 50-point victory over the Hawks at the G’.
Melbourne is one of two teams to remain undefeated so far as we reach Round 6. However, this is their greatest test yet, to prove they mean business in 2021. They face the reigning premiers in prime-time football on Saturday night.
All of their five wins so far against Fremantle (22 points), St Kilda (18 points), GWS (34 points), Geelong (25 points) and Hawthorn (50 points) have been premised on their defensive stability. The Demons are the number one intercept team in the competition, thanks to Jake Lever and Steven May, who is a big chance to return from his eye socket injury.
Meanwhile, the reigning premiers returned to the winner’s circle in style by 86 points after losing two on the trot.
The Tigers flexed their muscles after being humbled by the Power the week prior. They crucified the Saints in the middle of the ground, having 16 more clearances – a feat they will have to repeat against a lethal Demons midfield.
It’s been the form of Jack Riewoldt that has spearheaded Richmond’s wins so far this season. The 32-year-old has kicked 17 goals this season, with his counterpart Tom Lynch reaching double figures as well.
This match is set for superstar Dustin Martin, who will play his 250th game this weekend. Martin has already started the season superbly and is the current Brownlow medal favourite at $3.60.
Although the Demons haven’t dropped points so far this season, I believe the Tigers will rise to the occasion and come away with the win.
Demons vs Tigers Team News
The Demons may bring in tall forwards Same Weideman and Ben Brown after strong performances in the VFL. Weideman kicked seven, whilst Brown kicked three. Steven May is also a likely surprise to return.
After a commanding performance against the Saints, the Tigers will most likely remain unchanged.
The two sides last met in Round 5 last season which saw the Tigers win by 27 points.
Demons vs Tigers Stats
- Richmond has won the previous five meetings
- Melbourne is yet to lose a game this season
- Clayton Oliver is ranked third in the competition for disposals
- Jack Riewoldt averages 3.4 goals a match this season
Demons vs Tigers Best Bet