Essendon Bombers vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL betting tips, predictions and preview.
Essendon vs Port Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips, Predictions & Promos
Essendon Bombers vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL betting tips, predictions and preview- Port Adelaide to keep powering towards a top four spot.
Essendon vs Port Adelaide H2H Prediction
Essendon vs Port Adelaide Tips
Jeremy Finlayson has booted 11 goals in his past three games.
Port Adelaide have won the past six games between the two sides by an average margin of 45 points.
Essendon vs Port Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
- Darcy Parish comes off 24 disposals in his return from injury but is averaging 32 across his nine games this season. Parish has averaged 30 disposal in his last four games against the Power.
- Zach Merrett has had 25+ disposals in 10 of his 13 games in 2023. He has averaged 28 disposals in his past four games against Essendon.
- Zak Butters has had 25+ disposals in 10 of his past 11 matches.
- Jeremy Finlayson has booted 11 goals in his past three games.
- Sam Powell-Pepper has booted six goals in his last three games against the Bombers. He has booted four goals in his past two games.
Essendon vs Port Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday July 1
⏰ Time: 7.25pm (AEST)
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Port Adelaide vs Essendon 2023 Form (last five matches)
- R10: Port Adelaide 80-76 Melbourne
- R11: Richmond 67-77 Port Adelaide
- R12: Port Adelaide 151-95 Hawthorn
- R13: Western Bulldogs 85-107 Port Adelaide
- R14: Port Adelaide 110-72 Geelong
- R15: Bye
- R10: Essendon 71-70 Richmond
- R11: West Coast 46-96 Essendon
- R12: Essendon 105-99 North Melbourne
- R13: Carlton 52-86 Essendon
- R14: Bye
- R15: Fremantle 93-61 Essendon
Port Power vs Essendon Head to Head (last five matches)
- R8 2022: Power 92-87 Dons
- R22 2022: Dons 62-146 Power
- R11 2022: Power 66-50 Dons
- R2 2021: Power 119-65 Dons
- R17 2020: Power 79-29 Dons
- R20 2019: Dons 67-126 Power
Essendon vs Port Preview
This shapes as a big game for both sides as we head to the business end of the season. Essendon are among a host of sides in the logjam towards the bottom end of the top eight with eight wins from their 14 matches so far and sit in 6th position on the ladder, while Port Adelaide are in 2nd spot, just behind the ladder leaders, Collingwood, on percentage.
Essendon won four on the trot before returning from the bye in Round 14 with a loss to Fremantle over at Optus Stadium last Saturday. The Bombers went down by 32 points and couldn’t quite find a target up forward with no player able to kick multiple goals. Zach Merrett and Andy McGrath found plenty of the footy, while Darcy Parish will be looking to build on the 24 disposals he produced in his first game back from injury.
Can the bye bring about Port Adelaide’s undoing? The Power are on a roll and have produced a club-record 11 straight wins. They head into the MCG clash as favourites but will need to overcome what is a bit of a curse for sides coming off the bye. Just two of the 12 sides so far in 2023 have won following the week off.
Prior to the break, Port Adelaide defeated Geelong by 38 points at the Adelaide Oval with Jeremy Finlayson and Todd Marshall combining for seven goals. The Brownlow Medal fancy, Zak Butters was influential with 23 disposals, while Dan Houston picked up 31 disposals en route to a best on ground performance.
Hard to see Port Adelaide going down to the Bombers with their firepower in the middle of the ground and up forward. The Power will just need to be mindful they are ready to go after the bye, while they will be out to improve on their MCG record that has seen them win just one of their past five at the home of footy. That win, however, was their most recent trip to the G, a Round 11 win over Richmond.
Essendon vs Port Adelaide Stats
- Port Adelaide have won their past 11 games, which is a club record. They have a win-loss record of 12-2
- Essendon have a win-loss record of 8-6 in 2023 and have won four of their past five games.
- Port have won one of two at the MCG in 2023, Essendon are three from six.
- Essendon rank 5th for disposals in 2023, Port are 17th
- The two sides have not met each other at the MCG since 1998.
Bombers vs Power Best Bet