Ladder leaders Port Adelaide will be eager to return to the winner’s circle this weekend when they face the Hawks who have been poor of late.
Port Adelaide Power vs Hawthorn Hawks free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The last time Port Adelaide kicked over 100 points against Hawthorn was 2008.
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn Tips
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn Match Details
?? Competition: AFL
? Date: Saturday August 22
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEST
? Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn 2020 Form
Port Adelaide (LWWWL)
- R8: Port Adelaide 44-73 St Kilda
- R9: Melbourne 32-83 Port Adelaide
- R10: Port Adelaide 55-42 Western Bulldogs
- R11: Port Adelaide 93-72 Richmond
- R12: Geelong 91-31 Port Adelaide
- R8: Sydney 60-53 Hawthorn
- R9: Carlton 58-89 Hawthorn
- R10: BYE
- R11: Fremantle 48-32 Hawthorn
- R12: West Coast 81-49 Hawthorn
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn Head to Head (last five matches)
Hawthorn have won three of the last five matches against the Power.
- R10 2019: Hawthorn 80-49 Port Adelaide
- R11 2018: Hawthorn 64-61 Port Adelaide
- R11 2017: Port Adelaide 98-47 Hawthorn
- R16 2016: Port Adelaide 79-101 Hawthorn
- R21 2015: Hawthorn 86-108 Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn Preview and Prediction
Port Adelaide will look to redeem themselves after getting embarrassed against the Cats, whilst, Hawthorn suffered another loss at the hands of West Coast.
The Power were obliterated against Geelong, kicking only four goals the entire match when they average 9.8.
Port Adelaide will look to improve their efficiency inside 50 from last week, going at 29.7%, if they are to achieve the healthy percentage boost they are looking for.
Travis Boak was the best for Port Adelaide, finishing the match with 24 disposals, seven clearances and four tackles.
Hawthorn was never in the contest against the Eagles and was lacklustre in their approach.
However, a promising sign for the Hawks was their inside 50 entries, having five more than the Eagles, but on the other hand, like the Power, they were inefficient inside 50, going at 29.8%.
Tom Mitchell played well against the Eagles finishing the match with 34 disposals, six clearances, four intercepts and four score involvements.
Although Port Adelaide suffered a heavy defeat, I believe they’ll win this one comfortably to maintain their spot on top of the ladder.
Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn Team News
Port Adelaide will be without Peter Ladhams and Dan Houston after breaching COVID-19 protocols, whilst, Kane Farrell and Xavier Duursma are set to be dropped.
Riley Bonner, Justin Westhoff, Brad Ebert and Jarrod Lienert are all set to return to the side.
Hawthorn will miss James Sicily and Jaeger O’Meara after suffering injuries, whilst, James Cousins and former Bomber Michael Hartley are in the frame.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Hawks defeat Port Adelaide by 31 points.
Power vs Hawks Stats
- The home side has won seven of the last 10 H2H’s
- Seven of the last nine H2H’s have been decided by 25 points or less
- The last time Port Adelaide kicked over 100 points against Hawthorn was 2008
- Port Adelaide haven’t lost two in a row this season
- Hawthorn have lost six of their last seven matches
Power vs Hawks Best Bet