Port Adelaide are looking to get back into the winner’s circle after suffering their second loss of the season to the Lions last time out. They face their cross-town rivals Adelaide in the ‘Showdown’, who have lost their previous three weeks.
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
Port Adelaide Power vs Adelaide Crows free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Port Adelaide have won nine of their last 10 matches at Adelaide Oval.
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Tips
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 8
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
- RD 5: Carlton 68-96 Port Adelaide
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
- RD 7: Brisbane 93-44 Port Adelaide
- RD 3: Adelaide 95-85 Gold Coast
- RD 4: North Melbourne 68-109 Adelaide
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
- RD 7: Adelaide 39-106 GWS
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
- R2 2020: Power 110-35 Crows
- R16 2019: Crows 44-101 Power
- R8 2019: Power 68-88 Crows
- R20 2018: Crows 96-93 Power
- R8 2018: Power 95-90 Crows
Port Adelaide vs Adelaide Preview
The Power fell out of winning ways against the Lions, in a heavy 49-point defeat.
Port Adelaide’s loss still managed to see them stay in the third spot, with Ken Hinkley’s side eager to prove themselves after a heavy defeat to premiership contenders Brisbane last time out.
Travis Boak will return to the side after his absence last week with a quad injury. He will aid the Power’s inside 50 efficiency of 34.5%, as the Power look to be more creative going forward.
You can expect the Power to play with physicality and extra passion after the prison bar guernsey controversy in the previous week.
Meanwhile, the Crows were disappointing in their 67-point loss at the hands of the Giants.
Adelaide kicked their lowest score of the season, only managing a mere 39 points against 11th placed GWS. The Crows were lacklustre, However Taylor Walker added to his goalscoring tally with two majors. An interesting match-up between Walker and Tom Jonas awaits, although you may see Aliir Aliir go to him at stages throughout the match.
Matthew Nicks’ side was dominated in the midfield, losing the clearances 17-41, and although Port Adelaide isn’t one of the best clearance teams in the competition, it will play a large part in the outcome of the result, with the majority of their score conceded against the Giants coming from clearances.
The Crows will want to seek revenge on their meeting last season when the Power embarrassed them by 75 points.
Since 1997, the Power and Crows share the ledger at 24 wins-a-piece, and I believe it will be the Power to make it 25 in a convincing triumph in front of a large crowd.
Power vs Crows Team News
The Power will see the return of Travis Boak after his minor injury, whilst some impressive form in the SANFL might see Riley Bonner or Jarrod Lienert come into the side.
Adelaide will most likely make a couple changes with Chayce Jones, Josh Worrell and Darcy Fogarty being the frontrunners for an inclusion.
The two sides last met in Round 2 last season which saw the Power win by 75 points.
Power vs Crows Stats
- Port Adelaide have won nine of their last 10 matches at Adelaide Oval
- Adelaide have lost three matches on the trot
- Ollie Wines has had 30+ disposals in his last three matches
- Paul Seedsman has had 25+ disposals in Adelaide’s last five matches
- Travis Boak has had 25+ disposals in his last six matches
- The winnings are shared at 24-24 for the Showdown, since 1997
Power vs Crows Best Bet