Both of these premiership contenders will be looking to get back into the winner’s circle after losses against West Coast and Sydney when they clash at Adelaide oval on Friday night.
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Tips, Preview & Predictions
Port Adelaide Power vs Richmond Tigers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Port Adelaide have won seven of their last eight matches at Adelaide Oval, the one loss coming against the Tigers last season.
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Tips
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Same Game Multi Tips
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday April 9
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Port Adelaide vs Richmond 2020 Form
- RD 1: North Melbourne 65-117 Port Adelaide
- RD 2: Port Adelaide 119-65 Essendon
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 1: Richmond 105-80 Carlton
- RD 2: Hawthorn 49-78 Richmond
- RD 3: Richmond 72-117 Sydney
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Head to Head (last five matches)
- PF 2020: Power 40-46 Tigers
- R11 2020: Power 93-72 Tigers
- R18 2019: Tigers 101-63 Power
- R4 2019: Power 92-99 Tigers
- R12 2018: Power 72-58 Tigers
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Preview
The Power couldn’t maintain their undefeated start to the season with a 37-point loss at Optus Stadium to the Eagles.
Port Adelaide struggled to create anything meaningful from possession, and it all stemmed from their inability to win the ball out of the middle, losing the clearance count by a margin of 14.
Ken Hinkley’s side has been strong at home of recent, winning seven of their last eight matches. Their only loss came against the Tigers in last season’s Preliminary Final. You can expect them to be extremely physical on Friday night.
Similarly, the Tigers were embarrassed by the Swans at the MCG by 45 points, which saw them drop to sixth position.
The 45-point defeat wasn’t the only disappointing thing to come out of the Tigers round three clash against Sydney, with a hamstring injury to midfield talisman Dion Prestia.
Prestia’s absence will be a toll on Richmond’s chances of getting first use out of the middle. However, this is a chance for others to step up, including Jack Ross, who could feature against the Power.
It’s going to be a blockbuster Friday night with both teams as hungry as each other. Considering the Tigers injuries and the Powers home advantage, I think the Power will claim the four points.
Power vs Tigers Team News
With some disappointing performances against the Eagles, Ken Hinkley could make a couple of changes including Peter Ladhams who only got five disposals against the Eagles.
The Tigers will need to make a number of changes due to injuries to Dion Prestia, Kamdyn McIntosh and possibly Trent Cotchin who has had hamstring issues. They will be boosted by the return of Bachar Houli.
The two sides last met in the Preliminary Final last season which saw the Tigers win by six points.
Power vs Tigers Stats
- Port Adelaide have won seven of their last eight matches at Adelaide Oval, the one loss coming against the Tigers last season
- The last three-night matches between these teams have been decided by 15 points or less
- Richmond has failed to cover the line in their last three matches
Power vs Tigers Best Bet