Port Adelaide returned to the winner’s circle against the Blues last week and host face the Saints to conclude Round 6, with the Saints eager to redeem themselves after a huge defeat to the reigning premiers.
Port Adelaide vs St Kilda Tips, Preview & Predictions
Port Adelaide Power vs St Kilda Saints free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Port Adelaide has won eight of the last nine meetings.
Port Adelaide vs St Kilda Tips
Port Adelaide vs St Kilda Same Game Multi Tips
Port Adelaide vs St Kilda Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday April 25
⏰ Time: 6:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Port Adelaide vs St Kilda 2021 Form
- RD 1: North Melbourne 65-117 Port Adelaide
- RD 2: Port Adelaide 119-65 Essendon
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
- RD 5: Carlton 68-96 Port Adelaide
- RD 1: GWS 78-86 St Kilda
- RD 2: St Kilda 73-91 Melbourne
- RD 3: Essendon 143-68 St Kilda
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
Port Adelaide vs St Kilda Head to Head (last five matches)
- R8 2020: Power 44-73 Saints
- R11 2019: Saints 69-139 Power
- R16 2018: Power 86-50 Saints
- R19 2017: Power 63-61 Saints
- R1 2017: Power 133-100 Saints
Port Adelaide vs St Kilda Preview
The Power comfortably cruised past the Blues in a 28-point victory, which saw them remain in the top four.
Port Adelaide has proved that last season wasn’t a one-off, starting the season strongly, with only one loss, coming against premiership contenders, West Coast who have one of the best home records in the AFL.
Ken Hinkley has his side holding the ball extremely well, thanks to the incredible form of the midfield duo of Travis Boak and Ollie Wines. However, it has been the new signings of Aliir Aliir and Orazio Fantasia, Aliir has had the most intercept possessions for the Power, whilst Fantasia is the top goalscorer.
Meanwhile, the Saints were embarrassed by the reigning premiers on Thursday night, being outperformed by a margin of 86-points.
Although a promising first quarter, it all went down from there, getting dominated in every aspect of the ground. The loss of Rowan Marshall looked alarmingly obvious, but he will most likely return for this week’s clash.
I believe you’ll see a ferocious St Kilda outfit on Sunday that will be out to clog the defensive 50, after allowing the Tigers to take 17 marks inside 50. I wouldn’t be surprised to see if they tag Boak to limit his influence with ball in hand.
Although the Saints rebounded against the Eagles a couple of weeks ago after a heavy defeat to Essendon, I can’t see them doing it here, and I believe it will be a comfortable Power victory.
Power vs Saints Team News
Port Adelaide will be forced to make two changes with injuries to Hamish Hartlett and Dan Houston. Trent McKenzie is one of the likely inclusions for Sunday.
The Saints will make several changes after being humble by Richmond last week. Rowan Marshall and Zak Jones will return to the side after recovering from their injuries.
The two sides last met in Round 8 last season which saw the Saints win by 29 points.
Power vs Saints Stats
- The home side has won 13 of the last 18 meetings
- Port Adelaide has won eight of the last nine meetings
- Ollie Wines has had 25+ disposals in Port Adelaide’s last five matches
- Robbie Gray has had 15+ disposals in his last 16 matches
- St Kilda has covered the line in their last five matches at Adelaide Oval
Power vs Saints Best Bet