The match of the round sees the Eagles host the undefeated Power in prime time on Saturday night at Optus Stadium.
West Coast vs Port Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
West Coast Eagles vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Six of the Eagles last seven matches have been decided by 15 points or less.
West Coast vs Port Adelaide Tips
West Coast vs Port Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
West Coast vs Port Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday April 3
⏰ Time: 8:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
West Coast vs Port Adelaide 2020 Form
- RD 1: West Coast 83-58 Gold Coast
- RD 2: Western Bulldogs 100-93 West Coast
- RD 1: North Melbourne 65-117 Port Adelaide
- RD 2: Port Adelaide 119-65 Essendon
West Coast vs Port Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
The away side has won eight of the past 10 matches.
- R4 2020: Power 89-41 Eagles
- R5 2019: Eagles 53-95 Power
- R21 2018: Power 58-62 Eagles
- R7 2018: Eagles 102-60 Power
- EF 2017: Power 76-78 Eagles
West Coast vs Port Adelaide Preview
West Coast lost one of the games of the season so far, falling to the Bulldogs by seven points.
Adam Simpson would be disappointed that in a see-sawing clash which saw Nic Naitanui dominate in the ruck with 40 hit-outs, his side conceded 41 clearances. They will look to capitalise on the clearance numbers against the Power who kick big scores from clearance numbers.
They’ve had a tough start of the season playing two top-four contenders and an on the rise Gold Coast outfit. They would be happy with a 2-1 start to the season.
Meanwhile, the Power got the job done easily fashion against the Bombers by nine goals.
The Power was in cruise control against Essendon, having almost 100 more disposals and 23 more inside 50’s to put a big claim on winning their first premiership since 2004.
However, Saturday night will be their first real test of the season after playing last-placed North Melbourne and second-last Essendon.
Zak Butters had the game of his career against the Bombers, collecting 36 disposals, eight score involvements, six clearances and a goal.
West Coast is one of the toughest teams to play away from home, and I believe they could get the job done despite Port Adelaide’s strong start to the season.
Eagles vs Power Team News
Luke Shuey will most likely return to the line-up from his hamstring injury, which could be the only change.
Connor Rozee is expected to come straight back into the line-up. Whilst Mitch Georgiades should keep his spot after kicking four goals against the Bombers.
The two sides last met in Round 4 last season which saw the Saints win by 48 points.
Eagles vs Power Stats
- Port Adelaide has won 11 of the last 12 night matches against the Eagles
- The away side has won eight of the past 10 matches
- Seven of the Power’s last eight night matches have gone UNDER the total points line
- Jack Darling has kicked at least two goals in his last six matches at Optus Stadium
- Six of the Eagles last seven matches have been decided by 15 points or less
Eagles vs Power Best Bet