The reigning premiers defeated the undefeated Bulldogs last time out and will look to down another premiership contender on Friday night, when they host the Cats at the G’.
Richmond vs Geelong Tips, Preview & Predictions
Richmond Tigers vs Geelong Cats free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Three of Geelong’s games this season have been decided by under 10 points.
Richmond vs Geelong Tips
Richmond vs Geelong Same Game Multi Tips
Richmond vs Geelong Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday May 7
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Richmond vs Geelong 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 3: Richmond 72-117 Sydney
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
- RD 6: Melbourne 82-48 Richmond
- RD 7: Richmond 77-55 Western Bulldogs
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Melbourne 85-60 Geelong
- RD 5: Geelong 77-47 North Melbourne
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 7: Sydney 90-88 Geelong
Richmond vs Geelong Head to Head (last five matches)
- GF 2020: Tigers 81-50 Cats
- R17 2020: Cats 31-57 Tigers
- PF 2019: Tigers 85-66 Cats
- R12 2019: Tigers 37-104 Cats
- R20 2018: Tigers 85-82 Cats
Richmond vs Geelong Preview
The Tigers came from behind to defeat the undefeated Western Bulldogs by 22 points last time out.
The Tigers were rampant either side of half time but were particularly strong defensively. Restricting one of the best scoring teams in the competition to two goals in the second half.
Damien Hardwick will be boosted by the return of Brownlow medal favourite Dustin Martin and All-Australian Nick Vlastuin, at the expense of captain Trent Cotchin, who has re-injured his hamstring.
Richmond is one of the best intercept teams in the competition, with the majority of their score generated from turnovers, which is what lost the Cats the game on Saturday night.
Meanwhile, the Cats fell to a controversial heartbreaking two-point defeat against the Swans at the SCG.
Geelong thought they would’ve won the game after Jeremy Cameron took a mark, for it not to be deemed 15 metres. Although they lost a positive was the inside 50 domination, making for many chances, only for the Cats to rue them.
Chris Scott will look to isolate his two targets up forward, with Jeremy Cameron and Tom Hawkins averaging three and two goals a game this season. However, the game will be won in the middle of the ground, with the Cats ranked second in the competition for clearances this season.
The Tigers have a fantastic record at the MCG, and I can’t see them losing this one after their impressive display against the Bulldogs.
Tigers vs Cats Team News
Richmond will have Dustin Martin and Nick Vlastuin available for the clash against the Cats. Trent Cotchin will miss with another hamstring injury, whilst Dylan Grimes will also miss with concussion.
The Cats will need to make one change with Gryan Miers suffering a lower leg injury against the Swans. Shaun Higgins could return to the side.
The two sides last met in the Grand Final last season which saw the Tigers win by 31 points.
Tigers vs Cats Stats
- The last five times the Tigers have defeated Geelong, it’s been by a margin of 1-39 points
- In the previous 11 meetings, only once has either side scored over 100 points
- Three of Geelong’s games this season have been decided by under 10 points
- Cam Guthrie averages 30 disposals this season
Tigers vs Cats Best Bet