The Saints have found it tough this season and currently sit 16th. Meanwhile, the Hawks sit one spot above them after a dramatic triumph over the Crows in Tasmania.
St Kilda vs Hawthorn Tips, Preview & Predictions
St Kilda Saints vs Hawthorn Hawks free AFL tips, predictions and preview – St Kilda has lost three of its last four matches a favourite.
St Kilda vs Hawthorn Tips
St Kilda vs Hawthorn Same Game Multi Tips
St Kilda vs Hawthorn Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 1
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
St Kilda vs Hawthorn 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: St Kilda 73-91 Melbourne
- RD 3: Essendon 143-68 St Kilda
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
- RD 2: Hawthorn 49-78 Richmond
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 5: Hawthorn 54-104 Melbourne
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
St Kilda vs Hawthorn Head to Head (last five matches)
- R16 2020: Saints 80-66 Hawks
- R4 2019: Saints 74-69 Hawks
- R22 2018: Saints 76-80 Hawks
- R6 2018: Hawks 89-54 Saints
- R6 2017: Hawks 55-130 Saints
St Kilda vs Hawthorn Preview
The Saints were casually defeated by 54 points against the Power at Adelaide Oval.
St Kilda has been underwhelming so far this season despite coming into the season full of optimism. The Saints have failed to score over 50 points in their previous two matches, so you can expect them to be more creative in their approach going forward.
Paddy Ryder will be a welcomed inclusion into the line-up. Not only will he share the ruck load with Rowan Marshall, but he will also be a viable option up forward which takes the pressure of Max King and Tim Membrey.
Meanwhile, the Hawks won an entertaining contest by a narrow three points against the Crows in Tasmania.
Not for the first time this season, Hawthorn found themselves winning a close encounter after trailing heavily in the third term. Despite giving away many chances, they were able to hang on in one of the matches of the season.
The Hawks have been able to explode some young stars onto the scene. Changkuoth Jiath’s run off the half-back is electric, and Jacob Koschitzke has proven himself to be a promising forward option for years to come. Both of which could have an influence on Saturday afternoon.
This is a hard match to predict, with both teams only securing one win in their previous five matches, but I believe the Saints could bounce back and get their third win of this campaign.
Saints vs Hawks Team News
The Saints may make a few changes Paddy Ryder and Jimmy Webster the most likely inclusions. Bradley Hill may be rested after pulling up sore against the Power.
Hawthorn will most likely head into the match unchanged as reward for their triumph over the Crows. Although Shaun Burgoyne may be rested after his ankle injury.
The two sides last met in Round 16 last season which saw the Saints win by 14 points.
Saints vs Hawks Stats
- St Kilda has lost three of their last four matches a favourite
- The underdog has covered the line in five of the last six matches between these two sides
- Both sides have one win in their last five
- Tom Mitchell has had 35+ disposals in three of his matches this season
Saints vs Hawks Best Bet