Two sides struggling for form in the 2021 season, battle it out for a much-needed four points as the Saints host North Melbourne on Saturday.
St Kilda vs North Melbourne Tips, Preview & Predictions
St Kilda Saints vs North Melbourne Kangaroos free AFL tips, predictions and preview – North Melbourne has lost 17 of their last 18 matches.
St Kilda vs North Melbourne Tips
St Kilda vs North Melbourne Same Game Multi Tips
St Kilda vs North Melbourne Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 29
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
St Kilda vs North Melbourne 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
- RD 7: St Kilda 128-59 Hawthorn
- RD 8: Gold Coast 54-63 St Kilda
- RD 9: St Kilda 47-68 Geelong
- RD 10: Western Bulldogs 144-33 St Kilda
- RD 6: Fremantle 99-48 North Melbourne
- RD 7: North Melbourne 73-103 Melbourne
- RD 8: North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood
- RD 9: Hawthorn 80-87 North Melbourne
- RD 10: Essendon 141-69 North Melbourne
St Kilda vs North Melbourne Head to Head (last five matches)
- R1 2020: Roos 56-54 Saints
- R16 2019: Roos 112-73 Saints
- R23 2018: Saints 94-117 Roos
- R2 2018: Roos 95-43 Saints
- R22 2017: Saints 127-78 Roos
St Kilda vs North Melbourne Preview
The Saints were embarrassed by the Western Bulldogs last time out, falling to a humiliating 111-point defeat.
St Kilda was abysmal against the Bulldogs in every aspect of the match. They were dominated in the inside 50’s, clearances and most importantly, on the scoreboard. It was the Saints fourth loss by over 50 points this season, coming against Essendon, Richmond, Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs.
Brett Ratten has suggested a major change at the selection table, with the objective of Saturday to claim a much-needed percentage booster if they are to play finals football this season. They will need to simply get their hands on the ball and be more creative going inside 50, only going at 31% against the Dogs.
Meanwhile, the Kangaroos were downed convincingly against the Bombers by 72 points.
Despite North Melbourne achieving a come from behind victory against the Hawks two weeks prior, it wasn’t the case against Essendon, as they went back into the poor defensive habits of old to lose by a comfortable margin.
The biggest concern was the Bombers freedom to run in the middle of the ground unopposed. The Saints play their best footy when moving it through the corridor, so David Noble will look to block the corridor and move the ball fast on the break to leave the defence vulnerable.
Both sides are struggling for form so far this season, but I believe the Saints will come away with the four points.
Saints vs Kangaroos Team News
Brett Ratten has had enough and is looking for change at the selection table. Some quiet smalls including Dan Butler and Jack Lonie could be on the chopping block, with Danny Frawley coming out as well. Nick Coffield, Luke Dunstan and Mason Wood could all be given chances after strong VFL performances.
Will Phillips and Tristan Xerri were very impressive in the seconds, making a serious claim to get a chance in the big league. Todd Goldstein looked like he was going to be forced out with an injury but should be fit to play.
The two sides last met in Round 1 last season which saw the Kangaroos win by two points.
Saints vs Kangaroos Stats
- North Melbourne has lost 17 of their last 18 matches
- St Kilda has failed to cover the line in five of their last seven matches as favourite
- Both of these sides have the worst percentages in the competition
Saints vs Kangaroos Best Bet