The Western Bulldogs clash with St Kilda at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night, with the Dogs winning a crucial tie against the Power and the Saints cruelly losing to the Cats.
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Tips, Preview & Predictions
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Saints free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Western Bulldogs have won each of their last six matches at Marvel Stadium.
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Tips
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Same Game Multi Tips
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 22
⏰ Time: 7:25pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 6: GWS 65-104 Western Bulldogs
- RD 7: Richmond 77-55 Western Bulldogs
- RD 8: Western Bulldogs 107-91 Carlton
- RD 9: Port Adelaide 77-96 Western Bulldogs
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
- RD 7: St Kilda 128-59 Hawthorn
- RD 8: Gold Coast 54-63 St Kilda
- RD 9: St Kilda 47-68 Geelong
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Head to Head (last five matches)
- EF 2020: Saints 67-64 Dogs
- R2 2020: Saints 88-49 Dogs
- R18 2019: Saints 116-89 Dogs
- R20 2018: Saints 68-103 Dogs
- R10 2017: Dogs 90-50 Saints
Western Bulldogs vs St Kilda Preview
The Dogs came away with a huge four points away from home against the Power to leave some breathing room behind them in second place.
Western Bulldogs have been superb all season, and it has been all about the first hands on the ball out of the middle of the ground. The Dogs are by far the best clearance team in the competition averaging 40.8 per match.
Although the Saints have been a bit of a bogey side for the Dogs, winning the previous three meetings. They will welcome back some stars, including young ruck/forward Tim English, who could cause some issues to an undersized Saints defence along with Aaron Naughton and Josh Bruce, who has risen to joint-second in the Coleman race.
Meanwhile, the Saints were made to rue for missed chances against premiership contenders Geelong, in a 21-point loss.
St Kilda showed for the majority of the match that they’ve turned the tide on their inconsistency perhaps, but a loss on Saturday can see them possibly drop to three games behind eighth place.
A big difference in the Saints three-point elimination final triumph over the Dogs last season was the ruck duo of Rowan Marshall and Paddy Ryder. However, Marshall will miss this crucial clash with a foot injury against the Cats last week. Meanwhile, the Dogs have brought in Stefan Martin in the off-season to allow English to have more forward minutes.
The Western Bulldogs have been one of the best sides this season, and I can’t see them losing a match like this at marvel Stadium despite the Saints strong recent history against them.
Dogs vs Saints Team News
The Dogs will have a number of stars return with Lachie Hunter, Tim English and Hayden Crozier returning to the side. Easton Wood will miss with a hamstring injury.
St Kilda will need to make at least one change with Rowan Marshall suffering a foot injury against the Cats. Luke Dunstan and Jarryn Geary could be included after playing in the VFL last week.
The two sides last met in the elimination final last season which saw the Saints win by three points.
Dogs vs Saints Stats
- The Western Bulldogs have won each of their last six matches at Marvel Stadium
- The underdogs have covered the line in the last four meetings
- The Bulldogs have lost one game all season
- The Dogs are the best clearance team in the competition
Dogs vs Saints Best Bet