After a strong start to the season, the Swans have lost two matches on the trot. It doesn’t get any easier this week, with a match against the Cats who are fresh off a large triumph over the Eagles.
Sydney vs Geelong Tips, Preview & Predictions
Sydney Swans vs Geelong Cats free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Tom Hawkins and Jeremy Cameron both average two or more goals against the Swans.
Sydney vs Geelong Tips
Sydney vs Geelong Same Game Multi Tips
Sydney vs Geelong Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 1
⏰ Time: 7:25pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: SCG
Sydney vs Geelong 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: Sydney 121-88 Adelaide
- RD 3: Richmond 72-117 Sydney
- RD 4: Sydney 83-80 Essendon
- RD 5: Sydney 69-71 GWS
- RD 6: Gold Coast 100-60 Sydney
- RD 2: Geelong 81-80 Brisbane
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Melbourne 85-60 Geelong
- RD 5: Geelong 77-47 North Melbourne
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
Sydney vs Geelong Head to Head (last five matches)
- R18 2020: Swans 63-69 Cats
- R19 2019: Swans 80-107 Cats
- R11 2019: Cats 85-63 Swans
- R16 2018: Swans 59-71 Cats
- R6 2018: Cats 69-86 Swans
Sydney vs Geelong Preview
The Swans fell to their first back-to-back defeat of the season against the Suns by 40 points last time out.
Sydney was one of three teams to be undefeated after round four, with two defeats against the Giants and the Suns dropping out of the top four with a tough fixture ahead of them.
The Swans weren’t quite able to get their free-flowing game against the Suns going, who choked up the middle of the ground. They dropped their creative numbers, however, being one of the best inside 50 teams in the competition, averaging 57.7, five more than the Cats.
Meanwhile, the Cats were exceptional in their 97-point triumph over fellow premiership contenders West Coast.
Geelong has been opposite to the Swans this season, starting the season poorly, but a confidence booster against the Kangaroos gave plenty of reason to go out and thump the Eagles. They’ve won the last four matches against the swans by a margin of 1-39 points.
It was the first time Cats fans were able to see their new star forward in action, and he didn’t disappoint, booting three majors to kick off life at the cattery. The Swans will have their hands full, keeping Cameron and Tom Hawkins quiet. Both of which average two or more goals a game against the Swans.
Although Sydney is equal on points with the Cats and holds the home ground advantage, I believe the Cats are playing too good at the moment, with a comfortable victory likely to be on the cards.
Swans vs Cats Team News
The Swans will have to make at least three changes with injuries to Sam Reid, George Hewett and Nick Blakey. Tom McCartin will return from injury, whilst Logan McDonald should return from his week in the VFL.
Geelong will need to make at least one change with Mark O’Connor injuring his hamstring against the Eagles. Charlie Constable and Sam Simpson are the leading favourites to replace him.
The two sides last met in Round 18 last season which saw the Cats win by six points.
Swans vs Cats Stats
- Tom Hawkins and Jeremy Cameron both average two or more goals against the Swans
- Jake Lloyd has had 25+ disposals in Sydney’s last five matches
- Geelong have won five of the last six meetings
- Gryan Miers has kicked one goal in every match so far this season
- Geelong have won the last four meetings by a margin of 1-39 points
Swans vs Cats Best Bet