The Swans are hopeful in maintaining their unexpected perfect start to the season when they face the Giants at the SCG, who will be confident after their five-goal triumph against the Magpies.
Sydney vs GWS Tips, Preview & Predictions
Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The favourite has won the last eight meetings between these two sides.
Sydney vs GWS Tips
Sydney vs GWS Same Game Multi Tips
Sydney vs GWS Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday April 17
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: SCG
Sydney vs GWS 2020 Form
- RD 1: Brisbane 94-125 Sydney
- RD 2: Sydney 121-88 Adelaide
- RD 3: Richmond 72-117 Sydney
- RD 4: Sydney 83-80 Essendon
- RD 1: GWS 78-86 St Kilda
- RD 2: Fremantle 87-56 GWS
- RD 3: GWS 68-102 Melbourne
- RD 4: Collingwood 60-90 GWS
Sydney vs GWS Head to Head (last five matches)
- R12 2020: Swans 66-25 Giants
- R20 2019: Giants 83-81 Swans
- R6 2018: Swans 79-120 Giants
- EF 2017: Swans 30-79 Giants
- R22 2016: Giants 60-80 Swans
Sydney vs GWS Preview
The Swans came away with a heart-stopping three-point triumph against the Bombers on Thursday night.
Sydney couldn’t have asked for a better start to the season, with four wins and two of those coming against premiership favourites Brisbane (31 points) and Richmond (45 points), away from home.
It’s been the scintillating fast ball movement that has caught the eye of footy fans. Particularly, from their youngsters who provide the flair into a perfectly balanced team.
Meanwhile, the Giants won their first match of the season with a five-goal victory over the Magpies.
GWS were able to maintain possession and move the ball around Collingwood’s defence, something that they’ve struggled to do so far this season.
If they are of any chance to play finals in 2021, they will need to win crunch matches like these against rivals Sydney. Every four points are vital after starting the season 1-4 with a percentage of 87.
The Swans have started the season the better side, and I believe they’ll get the four points on Saturday. However, don’t count the Giants out because I think it will be a close match.
Swans vs GWS Team News
The Swans will be forced to make two changes with Dane Rampe and Isaac Heeney missing with hand injuries. Lewis Melican will definitely return to the side after a strong performance in the VFL.
The Giants will make minimal changes after a strong win against Collingwood.
The two sides last met in Round 12 last season which saw the Swans win by 41 points.
Swans vs GWS Stats
- The favourite has won the last eight meetings between these two sides
- Sydney’s previous six day matches at the SCG have gone OVER the total points line
- Sydney are one of three teams to remain undefeated so far this season
Swans vs GWS Best Bet