West Coast will be looking for revenge when they face Collingwood on a blockbuster Friday night after the Magpies defeated the Eagles by one point in last year’s elimination final.
West Coast vs Collingwood Tips, Preview & Predictions
West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood Magpies free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Three of the last five meetings have been decided by five points or less.
West Coast vs Collingwood Tips
West Coast vs Collingwood Same Game Multi Tips
West Coast vs Collingwood Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday April 16
⏰ Time: 8:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
West Coast vs Collingwood 2020 Form
- RD 1: West Coast 83-58 Gold Coast
- RD 2: Western Bulldogs 100-93 West Coast
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 1: Collingwood 53-69 Western Bulldogs
- RD 2: Carlton 85-106 Collingwood
- RD 3: Collingwood 72-73 Brisbane
- RD 4: Collingwood 60-90 GWS
West Coast vs Collingwood Head to Head (last five matches)
- EF 2020: Eagles 75-76 Magpies
- R8 2020: Eagles 111-45 Magpies
- R17 2019: Eagles 77-78 Magpies
- R3 2019: Magpies 76-98 Eagles
- GF 2018: Eagles 79-74 Magpies
West Coast vs Collingwood Preview
The Eagles away woes continued in a disappointing capitulation against the Saints, which saw them fall by 20-points.
West Coast looked in control of the contest last week for the majority of the match, leading by as much as 33 points in the third quarter, but a three-goal second half saw them fall to a dispiriting loss.
The team who wins the midfield battle will certainly come out on top, and that was the case against the Saints. With no Taylor Adams, who is pivotal for Collingwood, this is a chance for Tim Kelly to go to another level.
Levi Greenwood is a chance to return and will be a likely tagger for ball magnet Andrew Gaff who has had a limited influence for his side so far this season.
Meanwhile, the Magpies have started the season 1-4 after losing to the winless Giants by five goals.
Collingwood simply just wasn’t good enough going forward against the Giants, going at 38.5% inside 50. An area that has cost them on multiple occasions so far this season.
They will be looking for an unlikely triumph, similar to their one-point victory against their opponents in the elimination final last season. After starting the season 1-4, it will be a long way back for Nathan Buckley’s men if they do fall short on Friday night.
The match-up of Nic Naitanui and Brodie Grundy will be an absolute spectacle, as two of the best ruckman in the competition battle it out for their side.
It’s typically been a fiery and close affair since the 2018 Grand Final, and I can expect to see more of the same, but I think the Eagles will be too strong and claim the four points.
Eagles vs Magpies Team News
The Eagles will be forced to make one change with Shannon Hurn suffering a calf injury. Alex Witherden is the likely replacement.
The Magpies will also be forced to make one change with Taylor Adams suffering a knee injury, but you can expect them, to make two or three changes with Darcy Cameron a possibility to come into the side.
The two sides last met in the elimination-final last season which saw the Magpies win by one point.
Eagles vs Magpies Stats
- Three of the last five meetings have been decided by five points or less
- West Coast have won 10 of their previous 11 matches at Optus with the only loss coming against the Magpies
- Six of the Eagles last eight matches at Optus have gone OVER the total points line
- Jeremy Howe has had 20+ disposals in eight of his last 10 appearances
- Oscar Allen has kicked 2+ goals in six of his last seven matches
Eagles vs Magpies Best Bet