West Coast will be looking to return to the winner’s circle, when they host a promising Bombers outfit on Saturday night at Optus Stadium.
West Coast vs Essendon Tips, Preview & Predictions
West Coast Eagles vs Essendon Bombers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – West Coast has won 13 of the last 14 matches at Optus Stadium.
West Coast vs Essendon Tips
West Coast vs Essendon Same Game Multi Tips
West Coast vs Essendon Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 29
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
West Coast vs Essendon 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 7: West Coast 132-73 Fremantle
- RD 8: Hawthorn 60-98 West Coast
- RD 9: West Coast 106-76 Adelaide
- RD 10: GWS 93-77 West Coast
- RD 6: Collingwood 85-109 Essendon
- RD 7: Essendon 107-123 Carlton
- RD 8: GWS 107-105 Essendon
- RD 9: Essendon 68-61 Fremantle
- RD 10: Essendon 141-69 North Melbourne
West Coast vs Essendon Head to Head (last five matches)
- R15 2020: Eagles 60-45 Bombers
- EF 2019: Eagles 116-61 Bombers
- R14 2019: Eagles 106-71 Bombers
- R14 2018: Eagles 52-80 Bombers
- R9 2017: Bombers 125-64 Eagles
West Coast vs Essendon Preview
The Eagles poor away record strikes again, with a 16-point loss against the Giants last time out.
In what was a see-sawing contest against the Giants, a disappointing last term saw them fall to their fourth away defeat of the season. A big issue if they are going to go deep into finals football this season.
However, their home form is superb, winning 13 of the last 14 matches at Optus Stadium.
Adam Simpson will look to restrict the Bombers forward flow, which has been lethal at times this season. The Giants went at 64% inside 50 last week, so you can expect the corridor to be congested on Saturday night.
Meanwhile, the Bombers had back-to-back wins for the first time season after defeating the struggling Kangaroos by 72 points.
The win against North Melbourne has kept an optimistic final’s chance alive. They’ve been the second-highest scoring team this season, behind the top of the table Bulldogs. Their score of 141 against the Roos was the second time they’ve scored over 140 points in this campaign.
The midfield trio of Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish and Andrew McGrath pulled the strings in the middle of the ground last week and will need to be influential on Saturday night if they are to get any chance of a positive result.
The Bombers could be bolstered by two big inclusions, including Jake Stringer and young ruckman Sam Draper, who went toe-to-toe with Nic Naitanui last season in a fiery duel.
Although the Eagles have a terrible away record, their brilliance on home turf can’t be overlooked, and another win is on the cards.
Eagles vs Bombers Team News
You’ll probably see the Eagles make one change with Alex Witherden coming back into the side after being a late out against the Giants.
Jake Stringer and Sam Draper could return if deemed fit for this clash, but I wouldn’t expect them to be rushed back in, with dreamtime approaching.
The two sides last met in Round 15 last season which saw the Eagles win by 15 points.
Eagles vs Bombers Stats
- West Coast has won 13 of the last 14 matches at Optus Stadium
- Essendon has won the first quarter in six of its last nine matches as an underdog
- West Coast has covered the line in seven of their last nine matches against Essendon
- Essendon have won two matches on the trot
Eagles vs Bombers Best Bet