The Cats find themselves in the eight after their win on Sunday, and they play host to the Eagles in the first of five games on Saturday.
Geelong vs West Coast Tips, Preview & Predictions
Geelong Cats vs West Coast Eagles free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The home side has won the previous eight meetings.
Geelong vs West Coast Tips
Geelong vs West Coast Same Game Multi Tips
Geelong vs West Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday April 24
⏰ Time: 1:45pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: GMHBA
Geelong vs West Coast 2021 Form
- RD 1: Adelaide 103-91 Geelong
- RD 2: Geelong 81-80 Brisbane
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Melbourne 85-60 Geelong
- RD 5: Geelong 77-47 North Melbourne
- RD 1: West Coast 83-58 Gold Coast
- RD 2: Western Bulldogs 100-93 West Coast
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
Geelong vs West Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
- R9 2020: Eagles 73-64 Cats
- SF 2019: Cats 88-68 Eagles
- R6 2019: Cats 104-46 Eagles
- R3 2018: Eagles 95-80 Cats
- R13 2017: Eagles 83-70 Cats
Geelong vs West Coast Preview
The Cats came away with a five-goal victory over the winless Kangaroos, which saw them scrape into eighth spot.
Geelong was very shaky throughout the match against North Melbourne, they should’ve won by a lot more considering they had 15 more scoring shots. The Cats are ranked 14th for goal efficiency this season.
Chris Scott’s side will have to win matches like these to get close to the top four, especially against a side that they will likely play in this season’s finals season.
Meanwhile, the Eagles stamped their authority over the Magpies in a 27-point triumph.
West Coast won in an entertaining fashion, with 2018 Grand Final hero Dom Sheed providing the spark with 28 disposals and three quickfire goals in the third term.
Adam Simpson will look to limit the influence of the Cats midfield, who are ranked 2nd in the competition for total clearances this season. Nic Naitanui will play a pivotal role in that plan.
Not that they don’t possess dangerous marking quality of their own, with Josh Kennedy, Jack Darling and Oscar Allen all in good form this season. Darling and Allen both kicked five goals each in the victory over the Magpies.
Although the Eagles away form has been shocking recently, I believe they could cause an upset at one of the hardest away fixtures of the year.
Cats vs Eagles Team News
Star Cat Patrick Dangerfield will be touch and go after suffering an annoying ankle injury, Jeremy Cameron is no certainty to make his debut.
The Eagles may make a couple of changes after their victory with Mark Hutchings and Jarrod Cameron progressing well from their injuries.
The two sides last met in Round 9 last season which saw the Eagles win by nine points.
Cats vs Eagles Stats
- Four of the Cats previous six matches at GMHBA have gone OVER the total points line
- The Cats are the second best team in the competition for total clearances
- The home side has won the previous eight meetings
Cats vs Eagles Best Bet