GWS fell to a heartbreaking four-point defeat at the hand of the reigning premiers, and they face another premiership contender in the Eagles, who have won three matches on the trot.
GWS vs West Coast Tips, Preview & Predictions
GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles free AFL tips, predictions and preview – West Coast has won the previous four meetings.
GWS vs West Coast Tips
GWS vs West Coast Same Game Multi Tips
GWS vs West Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 23
⏰ Time: 1:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: GIANTS Stadium
GWS vs West Coast 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: Sydney 69-71 GWS
- RD 6: GWS 65-104 Western Bulldogs
- RD 7: Adelaide 39-106 GWS
- RD 8: GWS 107-105 Essendon
- RD 9: Richmond 87-83 GWS
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 7: West Coast 132-73 Fremantle
- RD 8: Hawthorn 60-98 West Coast
- RD 9: West Coast 106-76 Adelaide
GWS vs West Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
- R13 2020: Eagles 61-49 Giants
- R2 2019: Eagles 104-52 Giants
- R16 2018: Eagles 86-75 Giants
- R8 2018: Giants 61-86 Eagles
- F2 2017: Giants 125-58 Eagles
GWS vs West Coast Preview
The Giants fell to a heart-stopping four-point defeat against the reigning premiers last time out.
GWS lead by as much as 28 points during the third quarter, but a barrage of Tigers pressure proved too much. As a seven-goal to three second half saw them blow their handy lead.
The loss also came at a high price, not only seeing them miss out on being in the top eight for the first time this season but two costly injuries to Harry Perryman and captain Toby Greene, who will both miss a month of action.
Meanwhile, the Eagles won their third match on the trot, downing the Crows by five goals at Optus Stadium.
West Coast will welcome back captain Shannon Hurn, who hasn’t played since round three and will provide some more solidity down back. Whilst Liam Ryan returns to provide the flair up forward to make them even more dangerous.
Jack Darling was superb kicking five goals, with all of them coming in the second quarter. He has risen his tally to 26 goals so far this season. It was the tall forward line that proved too costly for the Crows and could likely do the same again against an injury-riddled Giants defence.
They haven’t had trouble scoring this season, being the second highest scoring team in the competition despite only kicking 39 points against the Cats in round six.
Although the Eagles have a poor away record, I believe they can win their fourth match on the trot and push into the top four.
Giants vs Eagles Team News
Toby Greene and Harry Perryman will miss with injuries, with the Giants naming Jeremy Finlayson, Nick Haynes and Sam Reid certain inclusions.
The Eagles will miss Jeremy McGovern through injury, with Shannon Hurn, Liam Ryan and Harry Edwards all certain inclusions.
The two sides last met in Round 13 last season which saw the Eagles win by 12 points.
Giants vs Eagles Stats
- West Coast has won the previous four meetings
- Jack Darling has kicked at least three goals in his last three matches against the Giants
- West Coast have won three matches on the trot
- Isaac Cumming has had 20+ disposals in eight of his last nine matches
- Daniel Lloyd has kicked a goal in his last four matches
- Liam Ryan has kicked a goal in his last 10 matches
Giants vs Eagles Best Bet