Hawthorn will be eager to get their third win of the season when they host the Eagles, who are fresh off a large derby triumph at the MCG to kick off Sunday action.
Hawthorn vs West Coast Tips, Preview & Predictions
Hawthorn Hawks vs West Coast Eagles free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Chad Wingard has kicked at least one goal in his last 11 games against the Eagles.
Hawthorn vs West Coast Tips
Hawthorn vs West Coast Same Game Multi Tips
Hawthorn vs West Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 9
⏰ Time: 1:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Hawthorn vs West Coast 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 3: Geelong 69-64 Hawthorn
- RD 4: Fremantle 96-81 Hawthorn
- RD 5: Hawthorn 54-104 Melbourne
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
- RD 7: St Kilda 128-59 Hawthorn
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 7: West Coast 132-73 Fremantle
Hawthorn vs West Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
- R12 2020: Eagles 81-49 Hawks
- R23 2019: Eagles 67-105 Hawks
- R15 2019: Hawks 71-77 Eagles
- R10 2018: Hawks 60-75 Eagles
- R5 2017: Hawks 125-75 Eagles
Hawthorn vs West Coast Preview
The Hawks were taught a lesson by St Kilda in their 69-point defeat last time out.
Hawthorn has only won one of their last six matches and will be determined to claim the four points against a premiership contender. However, last week’s performance was the worst of the season, highlighted by their 32% efficiency inside 50.
Alastair Clarkson will be hoping the inclusion of Jaeger O’Meara to the side will offer some brute in the midfield, which was evidently lacking against the Saints.
Meanwhile, the Eagles returned to winning ways, with a 10-goal triumph over cross-town rivals Fremantle.
West Coast has been the best centre clearance team in the competition, so you can expect another midfield dominance on Sunday. Tim Kelly finished last week with 42 disposals and 35 for Andrew Gaff.
However, although they were strong against the Dockers, their away form has been shocking with losses against the Western Bulldogs (seven points), St Kilda (20 points) and Geelong (97 points). If they are to finish in the top four, they will need to win matches like these.
Although the Eagles have a terrible away record, I believe they can get the four points in a low scoring encounter.
Hawks vs Eagles Team News
The Hawks will make a few changes with Jaeger O’Meara and Chad Wingard returning from the side from soreness, whilst Shaun Burgoyne could be fit for the tie.
West Coast after a strong derby performance will make minimal to no changes for Sunday’s match.
The two sides last met in Round 12 last season which saw the Eagles win by 32 points.
Hawks vs Eagles Stats
- West Coast have won 75% of their last 20-day matches
- Jack Darling has kicked 3+ goals in his last three matches at the G’ against Hawthorn
- Jaeger O’Meara has had 25+ disposals in his last four matches
- Chad Wingard has kicked at least one goal in his last 11 games against the Eagles
Hawks vs Eagles Best Bet