The Giants have found some form with two wins on the trot, and it came at a good time, as they face undefeated rivals Western Bulldogs on Friday night in Canberra.
GWS vs Western Bulldogs Tips, Preview & Predictions
GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The last time the Dogs started the season 5-0 was 75 years ago.
GWS vs Western Bulldogs Tips
GWS vs Western Bulldogs Same Game Multi Tips
GWS vs Western Bulldogs Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday April 23
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Manuka Oval
GWS vs Western Bulldogs 2021 Form
- RD 1: GWS 78-86 St Kilda
- RD 2: Fremantle 87-56 GWS
- RD 3: GWS 68-102 Melbourne
- RD 4: Collingwood 60-90 GWS
- RD 5: Sydney 69-71 GWS
- RD 1: Collingwood 53-69 Western Bulldogs
- RD 2: Western Bulldogs 100-93 West Coast Eagles
- RD 3: North Melbourne 39-167 Western Bulldogs
- RD 4: Western Bulldogs 73-54 Brisbane
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
GWS vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
- R3 2020: Dogs 57-33 Giants
- EF 2019: Giants 113-55 Dogs
- R22 2019: Giants 65-126 Dogs
- R1 2018: Giants 133-51 Dogs
- R21 2017: Dogs 57-105 Giants
GWS vs Western Bulldogs Preview
The Giants won their second match of the season against hometown rivals Sydney at the SCG.
GWS had to start hitting form sooner rather than later if they want to reach their ambitions of playing finals this season, but two wins on the trot have seen them move up into 12th spot.
Leon Cameron’s side has to control the middle of the ground if they are of any chance to win, easier said than done with the Dogs possessing the best midfield in the competition.
Meanwhile, the Western Bulldogs continued their incredible start to the season, with a 62-point thumping over the Suns.
The Dogs started the game superbly against the Suns as they have all season, kicking the first 11 goals of the game to have a 70-9 lead at the main break. The Giants have started games poorly this season, so the Dogs could hold a handy lead early on.
The last time the Bulldogs started the season 5-0, was 75 years ago. They’ve put themselves in a strong position to finish in the top four with wins over Collingwood (16 points), West Coast (seven points), North Melbourne (128 points), Brisbane (19 points) and Gold Coast (62 points).
Although the Giants have the home advantage, I believe the Dogs are playing too good at the moment and should claim the four points to maintain their undefeated status.
Giants vs Dogs Team News
The Giants will need to make at least one change with Sam Reid injuring his hamstring. Harry Perryman will likely return from Glandular fever.
The Dogs will most likely need to make a couple changes with injuries to Laitham Vandermeer and Bailey Williams, Pat Lipinski and Caleb Daniel will be the likely inclusions.
The two sides last met in Round 3 last season which saw the Dogs win by 24 points.
Giants vs Dogs Stats
- The last time the Dogs started the season 5-0 was 75 years ago
- GWS have scored over 100 points in the previous two meetings against the Dogs
- The Dogs are ranked last in the competition for intercepts
- Jack Macrae and Josh Dunkley are in the top five for disposals this season
Giants vs Dogs Best Bet