Penrith Panthers vs Sydney Roosters free NRL Round 15 betting tips, predictions and preview
Penrith Panthers vs Sydney Roosters free NRL Round 15 betting tips, predictions and preview will be available when team lineups are announced.
Below is our previous head to head preview and predictions.
Panthers vs Roosters Tips
Panthers vs Roosters Same Game Multi Tips
Panthers vs Roosters Match Details
?? Competition: NRL
? Date: Friday October 2
⏰ Time: 7.50pm AEST
? Stadium: Panthers Stadium
Panthers vs Roosters 2020 Form (last five matches)
- R16: Panthers 30-6 Tigers
- R17: Broncos 12-25 Panthers
- R18: Panthers 20-2 Eels
- R19: Cowboys 12-32 Panthers
- R20: Bulldogs 0-42 Panthers
- R16: Roosters 58-12 Broncos
- R17: Raiders 6-18 Roosters
- R18: Roosters 42-12 Knights
- R19: Roosters 34-18 Sharks
- R20: Rabbitohs 60-8 Roosters
Panthers vs Roosters Head to Head (last five matches)
Panthers prevailed in their last meeting by six points all the way back in Round 1.
- 14/3/20: Panthers 20-14 Roosters
- 31/8/19: Roosters 22-6 Panthers
- 9/6/19: Panthers 19-10 Roosters
- 15/6/18: Roosters 32-6 Panthers
- 18/3/17: Panthers 12-14 Roosters
Panthers vs Roosters Preview
The Roosters will have to change history if they are going to make it three premierships on the bounce following their embarrassing defeat to Souths last week.
No team has gone on to win the premiership in NRL history when conceding more than 50 points during a regular season game, but that’s exactly what the Roosters must do now following their crushing 60-8 loss in Round 20.
While it’s obviously the steepest of uphill mountains, I’m certainly not writing this Roosters side off, nor am I forgetting all of the brilliant performances they produced at various stages throughout the season.
The Roosters’ peak is arguably higher than any other team in the competition, and if they can get back to that level, they remain every bit a contender for the silverware.
Meanwhile, the Panthers couldn’t be coming into this clash in a better position, winning their last 15 matches, including last week’s 42-0 pummelling of the Bulldogs.
Penrith’s young stars have been playing together through the system for years now and are now lapping it up on the big stage. They have dropped just three points for the entire season and have been improving leading into the finals, winning eight of their last nine games by 13+ margins.
However, I do have my doubts of whether they can keep winning and also immediately make that transition to high-intensity finals football.
As I alluded too earlier, I’m not putting that much emphasis on the Roosters’ loss last week. I’m confident they can bounce back when it matters most, and as underdogs with the bookies, I think they are solid value.
Penrith have been doing it at a canter all season, but that’s all about to change over the next month, and with a young core group steering them around the field, the pressure and inexperience could be a factor.
Panthers vs Roosters Teams
Dylan Edwards, Stephen Crichton and Viliame Kikau all return to the Panthers side after being rested last week.
Jake Friend is out for the Roosters after suffering a head knock last week, while Brett Morris, Joey Manu, Isaac Liu and Lindsay Collins are all back after being given a rest against Souths.
Panthers team: 1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Tyrone May 15. Kurt Capewell 16. Moses Leota 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Mitch Kenny 19. Dean Whare 20. Matt Burton 21. Spencer Leniu
Roosters team: 1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Freddy Lussick 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Lindsay Collins 16. Angus Crichton 17. Sonny Bill Williams 18. Nat Butcher 19. Mitchell Aubusson 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Matt Ikuvalu
Penrith vs Roosters Stats
- Roosters have won three of their last five meetings
- Panthers are on a 15-match winning streak
- Panthers have covered the line in their last nine night home matches
- Panthers have won their last six matches by 13+ margins
- Roosters’ last six finals matches have gone under the total points line
- Josh Mansour has scored a try in his last six matches
- James Tedesco has scored a try in three of his last five matches and his last three finals matches
- Daniel Tupou has scored a try in his last five matches
- Liam Martin has scored a try in his last four matches at Panthers Stadium
Penrith vs Roosters Best Bet